ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 clio street basser project

1.2 16v clio
thought i should show my car

its a long project that will also need a respray in the same colour thanks to yobs and there mums door keys

within the beggining of the year i have had to replace the clutch, timing belt, water pump which decided to go on new years day 12:11am

here are a few pics of my car

817523F8-orig.jpg

AEBD1269-orig.jpg

3CB9E13C-orig.jpg

EF5D8ED5-orig.jpg

2F43AD14-orig.jpg

7401BAE9-orig.jpg

below is some of the outside...

not really any mods apart from a few stickers from the group im in with friends and the other sticker basicly explains everything

059D9986-orig-1.jpg

5597D47D-orig.jpg

i will add more pics of then new things im yet to do :)

need a respray in the same colour thanks to yobs and there mums door keys

Yobs? I'm sorry, have you seen what's in your boot? :rasp: Must cause rear seat passengers genuine discomfort as well lol.

Like what you've done witht he carbon effect speaker covers (well, mounts, they are no longer covers) Are they 6.5" up front? Looks pretty nice & clean though. Think the tints match that colour quite well, they look ridiculous on lighter coloured clios.

1.2 16v clio
Going to have to mass answer

The box is 6 cubes tuned to 32hz they are 12" subs Its currently doing 143.2 at 33hz with only 700 watts rms combined

The tints took me about a month of thinking whether to or not thank god for Photoshop

Yea the front speakers are 6.5's hopefully during summer I should have a door build with 2 sets in the doors and maybe 4" coaxial speakers in the dash/ a pillar if they fit that Is

On a personal note I hate touch screen phones!!!!! Third times the charm I hope

As for yobs by that I mean people who get up to no good on the streets and also my subs don't list me as a yob as I can't speed or drive wreckless

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Sorry to be harsh, but that dosnt look good imo. 3x12" subs seems a bit of a silly setup to me. I would have either gone for a better sub (I prefer the pioneer competition class subs with twin coils and double stacked magnets) or gone for a 15" instead. Also whats the alternator rating on the 1.2 clios? can the actually produce the required 58amps to keep the system at 700watts for periods longer than 20mins?! (that is a geniune question, not a retorical). Good call on the tints btw, a needed thing with that int he boot for sure. What are you using to messure the pressure level? Please dont say your phone?

1.2 16v clio
For a budget system jbl is the best as they can handle alot more then their rated power the clio has a 70amp alternator which is being upgraded tova 110 amp alternator as a temp replacement I have 3 batteries which helps on the voltage and no I'm not using my phone LOL im using a term lab

As for the amount of subs I'm entering the car into pd events and 3 12's is different and puts more of a cone area then 1 15 plus I will be upgrading and changing the baffle etc if I have pushed the subs as hard as I can which right now I'm under rating them due to me not putting my SPL dynamics in until I've got a better and more stable power supply

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
glad to hear your not using your phone! lol. 110 amp alternator will be a good investment How is your car coping with the extra weight? I know I could feel a lot of difference in my 1.2 when the subs were in; had to change down to 3rd and 4th a lot more often! Have you applied any dynamat anywhere? You dont want it sounding like a baby's rattle after putting all that work in...

1.2 16v clio
To be honest the car felt gutless before anything went in as I was driving bigger cars so I didn't really notice anything it just feels like I have passengers I will get back to you when I get another 5 batteries lol

As for sound deadening I don't have any at the moment but the car doesn't rattle when your moving more air its more flexing but its something I will get done when its warmer outside :)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
same here, it just too bloody cold out there at the moment!! I need to transfer my equipment from my 1.2 to my 182, but with a much smaller cab as the boot is much smaller in the mk2's compared to the mk1's!

Listerine & Poledo
If that lived down my road and came back late every night with the stereo on, I'd probably reach for the paint stripper.

But if your sense of social responsibiilty stops you doing this, then those who keyed your motor should be keyed in the face

1.2 16v clio
I turn my music down at night and during the day I turn it down at the traffic lights as for the keying it was keyed around the car when my sister owned it and since then people have been adding to it

Listerine & Poledo
What about in between traffic lights?

If I'm even remotely near people I'll have the stereo turned down, a stripey clio doesn't need any more help to be seen as a chavwagon

1.2 16v clio
Normal driving conditions I have my music turned up depending what time it is when I'm in traffic or at lights its turned down

Listerine & Poledo
Getcha.

I had awful visions of volume being jacked up through city centres, with the only respite coming at traffic lights. Mind is at ease now :)

Black gold 182
not thought of a switch from the rem the back of your hu would make so much more sense especially when your feeling like s**t and dont wanna blow your ears out or your waiting for someone and wanna turn the engine off....

Black gold 182
aha fairs enough :) makes it easier i have a crappy sub box in my car and when i wanna listen to something apart from drum and bass off goes the switch :L

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Would've spent the same amount on a higher quality and simpler setup myself. Still, bet it thuds!

Grande 1.2
i had two 12" alpine type r's and they took up the boot & weighed the car down.... but f**k!!! after seeing this...my setup was nothing lol!!! :eek:good job!! :cool:

honestly i thought i was the only one who ever turned my music down at traffic lights etc incase of been labelled a chav!... glad im not the only one, cos i thought everyone else would be like "f**k it" lol

good job on the car! not a fan of the rear light tints though :(

1.2 16v clio
Would've spent the same amount on a higher quality and simpler setup myself. Still, bet it thuds!

High quality speakers etc cost an arm and a leg I have friends that have spent 800+ just on the doors and my set up has cost less as it is :) and yea it thuds its enough to rattle buildings contents

1.2 16v clio
aha fairs enough :) makes it easier i have a crappy sub box in my car and when i wanna listen to something apart from drum and bass off goes the switch :L

:p a sub can be used for all kinds of music I even have mine on when I listen to rock just not as loud LOL

1.2 16v clio
i had two 12" alpine type r's and they took up the boot & weighed the car down.... but f**k!!! after seeing this...my setup was nothing lol!!! :eek:good job!! :cool:

honestly i thought i was the only one who ever turned my music down at traffic lights etc incase of been labelled a chav!... glad im not the only one, cos i thought everyone else would be like "f**k it" lol

good job on the car! not a fan of the rear light tints though :(

I do turn mine up at lights only if someone is trying to show off with a prefab box and standard speakers and I love there face when I turn mine up and they then turn there's down :)
Thanks when the lights was fly eyed I wasn't to sure but the did grow on me :)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
How on earth have you fitted 6 Cubes in a Clio boot only? lol

I cant remember what mine was, I think I hit 146.X. IT played music well though which I liked.

3x Second Skin Bulk packs, I was running 2x Optima Yellow Tops, Uprated Alt, 2 Runs of 0 Gauge for Power and earths (inc engine earths)

1500wrms between 2x SPl Dynamics XTR 12" Subs, but they werent in anywhere near big enough enclosures, were only in 3.5 Cuft beteen them :(

I see how youve done it now, its above the parcel shelf, mine was below (infact I still ran a parcel shelf for security reasons.

Maybe one day Ill get back into it.

1.2 16v clio
The rear pillar trim has been trimmed and u see the rest and u should do it again ;) did you have a door build I'm yet to see a clio with a door build :(

1.2 16v clio
Already know off him and personally find him a knob Gary killian is much better :)

Could be worse and drive like a tit but its each to their own :) music is my life and I enjoy driving plus I love the reaction from people when they get a demo and I say what power in running

Clio 1.2 mk2
People are so obsessed with bass and power. Doesn't mean you get a good quality sound. That's why you don't use a sub with good quality Hi-Fi. But as long as your happy mate and the car does look fairly tidy.

1.2 16v clio
People are so obsessed with bass and power. Doesn't mean you get a good quality sound. That's why you don't use a sub with good quality Hi-Fi. But as long as your happy mate and the car does look fairly tidy.

Well this is were your wrong my car can play a wide range of music and you can hear quality from what I have. MAYBE it won't be as good as hertz/focal/dls etc but for a BUDGET system I've never had Someone hear my car and question quality maybe its not your type of thing so don't comment on it if you want to post more negative stuff in the future.