ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 clio street basser project

1.2 16v clio
to be honest i doubt the true power is no way near what it says :) the box is the most important thing when it comes to subs as you can have the best most expensive sub in a rubbish box and it would get beaten by a budget sub in a decent box :)

1.2 16v clio
thought i should update my door cards are now finished i have also fitted my spl dynamics ice 150.4 on my rear cards removing the rear speakers and cup holders

946629_10201038492513952_1736674385_n.jpg

1.2 16v clio
534BB8B5-orig.jpg

this is how my doors look behind the door card i still need to buy closed cell foam for behind the card

the roof is now expanding foamed and mdf making it solid the sunroof is now sealed up fully so it wont open again also has expanding foam and mdf on the inside stopping it from flexing alot i still need to finish the roof i need to add another layer of hard board to get it smoother and even stronger

the rear quarter panels are expanding foamed making them solid since the sound deadening didn't help as much as i wanted

25919_10200528590966732_832533213_n.jpg

rear batteries replaced and a raised floor was made out of what offcuts i had left since it is a budget install after all

1.2 16v clio
another update I got bored of my orange carbon vinyl on my dash trim as within the 5-6 months of having it on the car it was shrinking and creasing up also fading so i thought i would go for skull type stickerbomb vinyl since i haven't seen it

here is a pic of it before i ripped it off

URL]

excuse the mess in the car she is rather dirty inside

AACB10EB-orig.jpg

882BCBCE-orig.jpg

5FF6210B-orig.jpg

7D17AB05-orig.jpg

im half tempted to do my glove box handle but im thinking it may be abit much what do you lot think???

I use to do spl comps when I was younger. Doesn't having it above the parcel shelf line enter you into a higher class? I always kept mine lower.
Are to putting the termlab rite up into the footwell?

The sound deadening should help with the DB. Agree with other the boot doesn't look much but then there's very few spl installs I've seen that actually look good lol.

I had 2 12" type r running 1000w rms in a small ported box hitting 144.2 at 52htz.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369835802.536251.jpg

Grown out of it all now tho lol.

1.2 16v clio
lol sorry mate but termlab in the footwell is a cheap way to get high since the pressure level is higher down there i test on the headrest using propper droppers so the score i get if im giving a demo the person would receive that pressure in there ears

sound deadening didnt really help because the pressure in the car is high so it found weak points in the car i now have a mdf roof and it still moves

im doing 145@33 + 40hz im doing 144db average throughout all of the frequencies i have to test at

the box isn't for looks its so i can get the most out of the box a smoother harder surface will give a better score

in propper droppers you can go 2" above the rear bench if you go above that you will enter boot extreme and that is basicly boot walls etc

Didn't know that about the footwell. All the comps I use to do they would always put it rite up in the passengers footwell.

This is one of the people who I use to do comps with lived 15 mins up the road from me. Not sure if he still does it.

http://youtu.be/rSexyXfIoxs

Last edited: