ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 Clutches

Suzuki Ignis Sport
My 1.2 has 78,000 miles on it. The biting point is really high up, literally nearly at the top. Is this normal or is my clutch on it's way out? It doesn't seem to be slipping with normal driving. Are there any tests whether my clutch is slipping? How long do these clutches usually last on 1.2's? I know the biting points aren't very strong on them, but mine's terrible! Cheers guys!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It's normal to have a very high bite.

My clutch was changed at 100k miles, the clutch itself was fine, it was just that the release bearing shat itself.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
The biting point is right at the top and it's very weak. Barely moves the car on flat.

MK2 Clio
My 1.2 grande has a very high bite as well, heard its not unusual. my cars done 118,000K and its not been changed, might consider it soon though!

Suzuki Ignis Sport
It's never slipped no :) is there a quick test to see if it does? I hear a lot about steep hills and high gears?

FF Clio 182
It's never slipped no :) is there a quick test to see if it does? I hear a lot about steep hills and high gears?

When stopped on flat ground slowly lift up on the clutch pedal but don't give it an gas, if you can pull away slowly without stalling in first then your clutch is fine, if it stutters and stalls it means its slipping and you need a new one.