ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 DYNAMIQUE OWNERS

2003 1.2 16v Dynamique

how can I get my car to go quicker!?

I have the usual piperx induction kit, although it sounds the b****cks it could do with just a little more power!

Any advice towards different bits I can put on it to get that little bit more grunt out of it?

As I am sure other 1.2 clio owners will tell you is that their is very little to do to actually make your clio go quicker. Stick a zorst on but dont expect to hit more then 80+ BHP. It will still feel slow regardless.

If you are willing to chuck stupid amounts of money into it then a turbo conversion coming soon by K-tec or an engine transplant is your best bet.

ST

Got a piper x induction kit on mine with the k-tec relocation pipe, and a full stainless cat-back exhaust, had the induction kit on without the relocation for about a month but it was takin in lots of hot air, then when i got the relocation it was alot better.

Like kwingy1 said, unless you wanna spend stupid amounts on it you aint got much options.

Im not trying to ruin anyones business, but... 86bhp?!

I had a BMC CDA, Remus cat-back exhaust, no-cat, exhaust pipe diameter increased to 45mm (originally 40mm) from the manifold all the way to the backbox, and dyno tests never showed results above 78bhp.

Even a chip upgrade wont help much IMHO, anyone will be lucky to hit much more than 80bhp.

My choice at the time (not only based on performance, as my engine was literally drinking oil instead of fuel) was in fact to swap the engine with the 1.6 16v, and that REALLY improved the performance. And whats best, mods in this engine really work, my last dyno run showed 118bhp, and that with "only" an induction kit (the same K-tec sells as "KTR ramcharger induction kit) and a Supersprint exhaust line. To get 8bhp in the 1.2 16v youll have to do a lot more than that!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Yeh Fred got 86Bhp at the fly...(I think) You may be looking at the wheels figure! It is possible, again there are dfferences in the rolling road!

No, Im talking about engine figures.

The engine puts out 75bhp stock, do you really believe that an induction kit + exhaust increases power by 15%? In my 1.6 the values were closer to 7-10%, and include the Supersprint exhaust manifold.

The same with chip mods, which often promise 15% increase alone, when in fact the gains range from 5-10%.

Im just talking by my own experience (3bhp gain on the 1.2 16v), and other people in Portugal with 1.2 16vs have similar results. 86bhp is A LOT for an intake and exhaust!

Another possibility for those figures is the rolling road being one of those which likes to put out big numbers, I once saw a Clio RS dynoed 192bhp with only a BMC CDA, Superchip and Supersprint backbox... yeah right!

[Edited by ice k16v on 11 May 2004 at 12:42pm]

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Sum Dinos are well out, beleive what you want to beleive! No doubt Freds car is quick, so it doesnt surprise me! I getting my dino-ed soon...

Quote: Originally posted by Rory182 on 10 May 2004

how can I get my car to go quicker!?

I have the usual piperx induction kit, although it sounds the b****cks it could do with just a little more power!

Any advice towards different bits I can put on it to get that little bit more grunt out of it?
Not much you can do engine wise without silly money TBH. My suggestion would be to strip the thing completely and drop some buckets in - quite cheap to do and would certianly do more than any zorst/IK etc.....