ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1*2 Gear Ratios

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Been doing some searching on this but not turned up much. Lots of people talk about different fifth gears and final drives etc etc.

What are the standard Clio 1*2 gear ratios? Can someone just post a list of what they are, including the different final drives for the ph.1/ph.2?

Also, for the Megane 5th gear that people use?

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
This is ph2 boxes ph1 had the same ratios but 3.89 fd iirc
image.jpeg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
From a quick search i've found.

Ph1 JC5-089: 1st: 3.091 2nd: 1.864 3rd: 1.321 4th: 1.029 5th: 0.795 Final Drive: 3.867
Ph2 JC5-129 & 130: 1st: 3.091 2nd: 1.864 3rd: 1.321 4th: 1.029 5th: 0.795 Final Drive: 4.067

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I suspect it isn't, as I would think it would be from a five speed box, assume another type of JC5.

Just trying to put together a comparison of the ratio options when you start factoring different final drives and the like!

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Sorry to bring up an old one but why do people put the 225 5th into the Clio box?

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
shorter 5th means better acceleration on track. Its really more for track cars where a cruising gear is not required.