ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 gearbox oil

hi was wondering what oil for my gearbox :) 1.2 51reg. And was wondering if anyone knows how much the plastic screw Is. And what sump plug I'll need washer etc

Thanks

renault clio 1.4 16v
75w 80 for the gear box, the plastic filler hole screw wont need replacing unless its stripped, the sump bolt shouldnt need replacing, just get a new washer from renault

The screw kinda has foam washer on which is not in the best of condition haha. Need a recommendation on what oil to put in tbh /:

renault clio 1.4 16v
If the plastic washer is damaged you could make another one, or order it from a dealer, as for oil, been using castrol oils in the car its whole life with no issues, the grade will be 75w 80...

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Millers EP GL5 75w80 is what i put in my 1.2 a while back, seems decent nothing has blown up ;)