ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 mods

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Diesel_Power said:
I suppose your right with insurance mods declaring an that. I suppose i could just save my money on engine mods and improve it with coilovers etc. Whats the best way to get the best out of my engine? Would a induction kit and my mates exhaust free up the air so more gets in the engine? Do you have to declare if you take your seats an interior out cos i was gonna weight save it but i dunno about dash cos i would need speedo for speed cameras an that.

:rofl:

Your never going to get the best from your engine, its a 1.2

LOL bit rich coming from a 1.2 owner but theres not many 1.6 16v's around for a reason.................

They all did the sensible thing and got 172/182's LOL

al

ST on the way...
Matt_Pleece said:
LOL bit rich coming from a 1.2 owner but theres not many 1.6 16v's around for a reason.................They all did the sensible thing and got 172/182's LOL

You driven a 1.6 have you?

ST
Matt_Pleece said:
LOL bit rich coming from a 1.2 owner but theres not many 1.6 16v's around for a reason.................

They all did the sensible thing and got 172/182's LOL

I had a 1.2 16v and now have a 182....mate..

RB 200 Cup!
al said:
Don't get a 172/182 tho, they're far too common!! :rasp:

**runs away whilst donning heavy duty flame suit**

weird thing is thats very true - i see loads of the buggersd but not many dynamiques - wooooo!!!!!!!!! 10 points to the 1.6 owners for being unique - lol

al

ST on the way...
Timmay said:
weird thing is thats very true - i see loads of the buggersd but not many dynamiques - wooooo!!!!!!!!! 10 points to the 1.6 owners for being unique - lol

Exactly my fellow 1.6 owner :approve:

al

ST on the way...
Matt_Pleece said:
:Dcongratulations:D on doing the sensible thing! Top Man

It always the same when you get a new car, you get something more powerful.

My first car was a Renault 5 GTS, 1.4 with 72bhp which was well quicker than a 1.2 but not as quick as a 1.6, hence going for the 1.6.

I'll probably go for a Megane 225 when it's time to upgrade, no point in going for something more or less the same (ish).

RB 200 Cup!
so would i but i havent really got the cash for it and dont want a big loan

prob still keep my 1.6 tho cos shes luvverly - lol

al

ST on the way...
Timmay said:
so would i but i havent really got the cash for it and dont want a big loan

prob still keep my 1.6 tho cos shes luvverly - lol

Best of both worlds mate, cheap to run, but not slow.

Y don't we all just go buy £5 chips off ebay and go race at formula 1 in our Clios give Alonso sommit to really race against!!!! LOL

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Matt_Pleece said:
Y don't we all just go buy £5 chips off ebay and go race at formula 1 in our Clios give Alonso sommit to really race against!!!! LOL

Because they are banned for F1 racing DUH!

dammit i knew there was a flaw in my plan well atleast we know y know, it's cos all us 1.2 drivers will go kick Alonso's arse with our £5 chip off Ebay!!! after all i heard it gives u like 10,000Bhp

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
strip the backseats out, light weight buckets, apex -60mm suspension kit, brembo disks and uprated pads (im using greenstuff) keep the 15" wheels and get some good tyres (eagle F1s or yokos maby)

if you want to do engine mods then go for a catback exhaust with sports cat, pannel filter, remap and leave it at that unless you want to spend silly money.

ive only got a pannel filter and performance modified airbox so engine power has hardly changed and some of the scottish boys who were with me lastnight will probably agree that i done not to bad keeping up with the 172s and 182. over about a 2 mile road they pulled about 10-15 car lenghts on the straights and i caught up on corners.

Clio 172 mk2
I'm with the above...loose some weight, put better brakes on and sort the suspension out.....you should then have a pretty fun car to drive:D