ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1*2 side skirt loose

6/468 17poo
One of my side skirts on my 172 has come loose at the rear, kind of popped out slightly?

Someone must know how they go be 'popped' back in place? Or how do they fit?

Ryan

6/468 17poo
Side skirt still in the same position, I've tried lifting it to hook it back on but doesnt seem to bite at all?

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Is the sill bent ? Mine folded once and it pushes the skirt away from the car and refuses to hook on.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Check that the black brackets underneath havent moved or twisted as theyre only held on with single central rivet and are sitting inside where the triangular mounts are inside the skirts.

Might be best taking the skirt off all together and seeing whats amiss, just need some new pop rivets to refit, just be careful on the front end as its screwed in place with a captive chimney nut like clip that might be rusted

6/468 17poo
All the rivets are ok on the underside but it seems to have popped off on the top, do i need to take the whole lot off to re-set the side skirt?