ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 thinks doors are open

monaco 172
This is doing my head in now. My gf's 1.2 constantly thinks the doors are open, then it doesn't then it does.

This leads to the interior light always on unless turned off, and the doors constantly locking and unlocking when driving. Also the light on the dash coming on and off.

I've swapped both the door sensors and it still does it.

monaco 172
Well I thought that, but I tested with my 182 and the interior light doesn't come on when the boot is opened so I came to the conclusion it must be a door

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Might be worth having it plugged in to see which 'door' is playing silly buggers and reporting it's open to the UCH when it infact isn't... Live data = WIN

There's a common issue on the 206's that causes the locks to "bounce" thus stopping you from locking it up at night... new door lock unit required to fix as the latch position sensor will be buggered.

Mick

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Press the prong thing in the door shuts or lube them a bit they just might bit getting stuck

1.2 Dynamique
Should've said, I've checked its not the boot switch because my interior light is coming on too, which doesn't happen when the boot is open.

I've had a play with the door switches just now and it could possibly be one of those, i'll have a proper play in the daylight tomorrow night.

Cheers Guys