ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 vs 1.4

It depend the 1.4 is more torque and powerful but at the end of the day where do you end?
Personally I'd get a 1.4 as a second hand car for £500 extra as its a better ie less problamatic engine and less likly to be bought and ragged about by young owners whereas a 1.2 may have been. From new though I'd go with the 1.2 unless your keeping the car a long time (over 7 yrs)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
new i would get a 1.2 16v or second hand id get a 1.6 16v, people say the 1.6 16v only has 10bhp more than the 1.4 16v which is true but it also has a lot more torque and VVT

Golf GTI 1.8T
taylor said:
is there much of a different is it worth spendin the extra grand on a 1.4

I'd go for the 1.4 personally, but only spend as much as you can afford.

Chocolate Bar™
depends what your insurance is like, 1.2 16v 2 groups lower than a 1.4 if iirc

www.renparts.co.uk
my brother has a 1.2 and i have a 1.4 Mines more punchy and on a straight absolutely kills it. Gets up to 60 a whole lot quicker. If you thrash my brothers you still get 42mpg but struggle to achieve 30mpg when thrashing mine.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
joshydee, the 1.4 a 16v? the 1.4 has more torque, but the 1.2 is probably geared differently to make it nippy. If thats the case, the 1.4 should kill it once it gets going.

D4ve, not sure, but the heads should be slightly different if thats the case, pistons, probably crankshaft aswell, and probably more.

Remapped derv Golf
25bhp extra makes itself known in a little light car.

Get the 1.4 so the VTR boys don't keep pissing you off. lol

www.renparts.co.uk
Mondial172 said:
25bhp extra makes itself known in a little light car.

Get the 1.4 so the VTR boys don't keep pissing you off. lol

Especially at traffic light :) my clio is far quicker off the line ;)