ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 16v Cambelt Price

ITB'd MK1
sigh

Belt kit alone will be over £100 (more like £130) then there's the aux belt, about £15. then it's going to be about 3-4 hours labour. remember there's special tools for doing renault cambelts, it's essentially the same job as on a 172 cup.

Lionel Richie
cambelt kit (non gen) is nigh on £80, aux kit is £45, water pump £60, coolant £35, that's £220 without even touching the car

then you need the renault tools

Vantage
ill ask around for a few more quotes ...

thanks for the help though

ill post the quotes i get later today:dapprove:

Ultra Red Clio 197
£99 for a 1.2 8V,
£140 for 1.2 & 1.4 16V at my local renault!

I recently got mine changed along with the water pump! Total cost £296!

The cambelt price was a special offer they have had on for a while so needless to say for £140 I was happy to take them up on the offer! lol.. Shop around!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
thats a good price if they are using cambelt kit and aux belt kit, if u cant afford to pay out on looking after ur car then u shouldnt own a car, simple

Evo 8 MR
I'll be doing this early next year I reckon, depending on how many miles I do between now and then so would be interesting to know what I'm looking at.

Use mine Fred Y48 YAY.

Lionel Richie
right both r dizzel and Dynamique+ both have K4J engines

renault prices for parts

cambelt kit - £115 (non gen is £85)
aux kit - £47 (non gen is way more for some odd reason!)
waterpump - £72 (non gen is £40 give or take)

that's £234 IN PARTS (£172 for non gen)

plus say £30 in coolant (renault type D is £20 for 5L)

that's before any labour, and its basically a baby 172, AND YOU NEED THE RENAULT TOOLS, IT IS NOT A TIPPEX JOB!

its a good 4-5hour job IMO

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Think I paid £400ish for cam belt kit, aux kit, water pump, service and MOT at my local place, they seem to be doing me some really good priced lately!!

Clio Sport Phase I
Hy.. I read ok?.. 300/400e for clio 2002 1.4 16v?? That's correct? Where you live? You can buy a car for that money??

Rgds.
Poyo

ITB'd MK1
I asked the guy who owns one of the places i do work for today (sells a lot of small engined clios) he said he's normally charged ~£400