ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 16v lowering

iceberg 172
hi i have a 1.4 16v which i put a full 172 bodykit on im looking to lower it as i understand the sports sit lower anyways im thinking of going only about 30mm on front ive found some springs off ebay but all they say is they are for a 172 can anyone help and tell me if they will fit mine or do they have to be a 1.4 any help thanks im new to this

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
they will more than likely fit, but remember, the 172 spring will be designed to carry a 172 engine. your engine will be much lighter so the car will sit a lot higher than a 172 still!

imo, go for coilovers, then you can adjust the, to the perfect height to look like a 172.

if not, go for 60mm lowering, then if it lowers too far it will just look like a lowered 172,
if you dont lower it enough, it will look like a bad replica! lol

good luck

iceberg 172
hi thanks for that he said they are a 30mm drop do u think that maybe enough i know what your saying with the engine weight do u think its worth trying i dont want it to low just not so it looks like a boat lol also im going to go with 25mm spacers for the front and maybe 10 back? thanks again