ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 16v vs 1.6 16v Revisited

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

when i got my 1.6 in 2003 i drove both and not much difference

wells its only 12 extra bhp and 1 second 0-60 does a bit more top end like 8mph or something.

Ive bought the 1.6! hopefully theres a little bit more torque.

Just sold my 2000 1.4 Si for £350 more than I bought it for! It only had 16500 miles on it and was mint.

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

yeah more torque mate check renault website for figures, still feels nippy with a full car which is good.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

Good choice mate. Got my 1.6 in november and loving every second of it, as im sure u will tubster!!!

Quote: Originally posted by mcoppen on 03 March 2005

Good choice mate. Got my 1.6 in november and loving every second of it, as im sure u will tubster!!!
cheers bud. The Mrs wanted the 1.4 cos 4 doors. But the 1.6 is black and 3 door. Looks shed loads better IMHO.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

No 3drs all the way if you dont have kids. Got mine in ottoman blue. Looks really good. But they do look sweet in black. Got a delivery date yet?

yep i pick it up saturday. Its got 8000 on it. I have got two nippers (both under two) but we have got a Golf to shift them about in !

Id prefer the blue. Any varient of it too. But black has got to be better than silver.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

No black is good. Cant go wrong with that. Always looks good. Sure your love it mate. Plus get the joy of how rare they are. Only ever seen one other 1.6 on the road where i live.

Picked it up Saturday. There is a difference and its big enough to warrant the change. OK my 1.4 16V was a 2000 with 13k on it and this is a 2003 with 9k but the difference is noticeable.

The 16 goes much better without having to rev the b****cks off it all the time. Pulls better lower down the revs. The 14 seemed to have a powerband (dont laugh!)

Oh... and the interior is much better...dare I say getting closer to the Golf on the newer model.