ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 Clio idle speed

Yeah I know Im posting loads of messages today, but I havent got any lectures at Uni so Ive got a lot of time on my hands! lol

Just wondered if anybody could let me know what RPM a 1997 1.4 RT should idle at?

My car ALWAYS idled at 900 RPM but recently after getting it back from the garage (had 3 new valves etc) it now idles at 1100 RPM

Is this something I should worry about?

Any help appreciated

mine idles at 800, but its controlled by a step motor, frikkin annoying.....not much to do nless you wanto to buy new idle control valve and throttle potentiometer etc.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

mine is around 850-900.
1100 is a bit high. Is it just been doing it after you fitted the ecotek? if so u might need to re-adjust it and make sure that its sealed properly.

Nah mate I havent fitted the ecotek yet. I was waiting to see if this idle problem cleared up first.

Cheers for the input

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Ben by the way when on start up the automatic choke comes on (when cold) which makes the car idle at around 1100.