ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 K4M More power?

What mod's can be done to achieve more power?

I think it is 98bhp standard.

(Complete noob to performance by the way)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Pointless without serious money, Even then its still pointless.
Be happy, save up for something faster.

If you need to keep yourself entertained, sort the suspension and colour code the plastic.

I'm not talking anything overly powerful, just something to do really.

I'm getting an mx5 or 200 next year just fancied doing some more work on this. (Yes money burns a hole in my pocket)

Is there some good things that would make the engine bay look better? It's the worst part of the car

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
supersprint make an exhaust manifold for it, this with a decat and exhaust system will give a small gain, pannel filter in your airbox, stick a ph1 airbox on it if theres room, biggest gain will come from a remap, but really as above wouldnt bother.

could probably use a 1.6 16v K4M bottom end i think they should be the same

Megane 225 F1
I spent around £500 on mods for my 1.4 and "achiveved" 12bhp (rollers were clearly lying). For that money I could have stuck a 172 engine in it :(

Is there a cheaper place to do a conversion than k-tec?

£3000 takes the p**s a bit considering you could buy the car for less than that

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Is there a cheaper place to do a conversion than k-tec?

£3000 takes the p**s a bit considering you could buy the car for less than that

Do it urself if ur handy with a spanner, not as hard as most people make out..

ITB'd MK1
I spent around £500 on mods for my 1.4 and "achiveved" 12bhp (rollers were clearly lying). For that money I could have stuck a 172 engine in it :(

you could barely have bought one for that, a gearbox seems to be going for £250 on it's own . then all the other necessary stuff would have been 4 figures, then the fitting labour.......

I'm not keen on the K4J, the K4M is a more worthwhile engine to start with, but you would need to be fairly dedicated to doing the job fully to make it worth tuning. If you want to do more than basic breathing stuff, then you'll need to commit to ITBs, cams and the like. Otherwise I really wouldn't bother

ph2 172
remove everything you dont use ?
rear seats, carpet, sound deadening, plastics and air con.
KTR do some performace stuff. It is a 1.4 after all. I drive the same lol.