ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1/4 mile times for 172.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
I did a 14.306 2 years ago at pod, only mods were exhaust decat and exhaust. and no rear seats!

That was a 172 cup by the way

TVR Cerbera
i got 14.5 in my cup last year - nearly standard

hoping for 13's or less this sunday

daz

What was done to it ?

That it was nearly standard ?

And whats done to it now ?

That your hoping to break into 13's ?

It was standard, with s/s exhaust, decat and itg panel

it now has 422 cams, gasflowed head, jenvey itb's, 12.6:1 pistons and forged rods, omex 600 - tuned at GDI with 233 bhp (with sports cat) but the sports cat will be off for this sunday. hopeing to get it rr there too to compare

daz

What was done to it ?

That it was nearly standard ?

And whats done to it now ?

That your hoping to break into 13's ?

it now has 422 cams, gasflowed head, jenvey itb's, 12.6:1 pistons and forged rods, omex 600 - tuned at GDI with 233 bhp (with sports cat) but the sports cat will be off for this sunday. hopeing to get it rr there too to compare

daz

Thats a fair spec :)

What did that lot sting you ?

TVR Cerbera

daz

Thats a fair spec :)

What did that lot sting you ?

too much. originally just the price of parts as i did the work myself, but after running in and on the way to be mapped properly, i spun a big end bearing, trashed the crank and a rod and filled the engine full of bits of metal :eek: .
it then cost me about 3k to put that right (GDI rebuilt it). but touch wood it goes like stink now, all that's left is a manifold, either 182 or custom made.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^ 13.9 to beat i think.... Or low 13's/high 12's for Martin's old TB'd valver.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
if your 172 has 129 you will get a 16.1 :rasp: should have kept my old corsa that was churning out 16.6's for a 1.6:lolup:

marins best was 13.1 @ 108

I think he was naked in that run to save weight too ;)

Times to beat are TimO's Cup with basic mods and stripped to buggery. 13.9, no idea on terminal, under 100mph I'd guess, but not much.

Martin's old ITB's hybrid totally stripped and then some. 13.1 @ 108mph. TBH I cant see you getting near this one due to the weight, you cant really get a 1*2 down to low 800kg's too easily lol.

Chris n nic's Cup did a 14.1 @ 98 or something with basic mods and some minor striping, probably the quickest Mk2 about mod for mod... that or Chris' lack of mechanical sympathy lol.

2 live's done a 14.0 with basic mods and back seats out in a Williams and Martin's old hybrid ran a 13.8 with basic mods, no interior and a inner panels cut out lol.

Some quick cars to beat, best get removing weight! ;)

TVR Cerbera
marins best was 13.1 @ 108

I think he was naked in that run to save weight too ;)

Times to beat are TimO's Cup with basic mods and stripped to buggery. 13.9, no idea on terminal, under 100mph I'd guess, but not much.

Martin's old ITB's hybrid totally stripped and then some. 13.1 @ 108mph. TBH I cant see you getting near this one due to the weight, you cant really get a 1*2 down to low 800kg's too easily lol.

Chris n nic's Cup did a 14.1 @ 98 or something with basic mods and some minor striping, probably the quickest Mk2 about mod for mod... that or Chris' lack of mechanical sympathy lol.

2 live's done a 14.0 with basic mods and back seats out in a Williams and Martin's old hybrid ran a 13.8 with basic mods, no interior and a inner panels cut out lol.

Some quick cars to beat, best get removing weight! ;)
Oh buggar. Tbh it's not the car's weight i'm worried about! Lol

Audi TT 225 Quattro
best ive done in my mk1 so far is 14.104 @ 100.49mph, will be in to high 13's this year just need to sort the launch as im having traction problems in 1st and 2nd:rolleyes: will be going next week on the 16th with martin.