ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 RT to 16v

Clio MK1
I am looking to find out how hard it will be to change my rt to a 16v. I can pick up a doner car for a 100 quid. and practiacly can do most of the work my self, What will need to be changed and also is there any sites on how to do it, ???

Clio MK1
i have just got my doner car today and will be starting first thing on monday :D

What stuff should i buy for the engine eg head gaskit, oil filter

Fiesta ST
May as well do the whole camkit on the replacement 16v engine, as it's easier with the engine out.

Clio MK1
DSCF0002.gif

You only pay £100 for that? :D sweet. Not going in the golf is it? :clown: I'm putting a valver lump in my RT next summer

What stuff should i buy for the engine eg head gaskit, oil filter

Cambelt, clutch, oil, air etc filters, new gearbox oil, new mounts use th 19 4th gearbox mount
I'd also get a 2.0 bottom end for more power and there cheap so new head gasget for that.

Also depends but I'd look at binning all unnessessary wiring to make it easier so no fogs no PAS battery in boot. Lighten the front end no ends
New coolent and oil pumps won't be a bad idea.