ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 S or a 1.4 RT

Fiat Panda 100hp
Hey, I have just puchased a 1.4 Sport clio, one of the old ones but with the rounded head lights and middle break light.

Whats the difference between the two (RT and the Sport) I know that mine has the sports seats (love em!) and the cool gear knob but what is the difference.

I have not insured it yet, so will the sport push my insurance up over the RT (im about to start my second year, and I have 1yrs no claims)

Just curoius, thanks boys and gals

6/468 17poo
difference rsi gearbox apparantly takes a 1second off the 0-60 sprint, rsi alloys, rsi seats,sure its group 5 insurance and a rt is gp 4?

basically the same, sport badges on the door pillars and 'S' on the bump strip!

thats all matey, Ryan

93 RT 1.4 Clio & Dolomite
It'll look like this...

maxim.jpg

? Mark 1, phase 3

Although thats the Maxim special edition (I've never manged to spot the differences, apart from an extra badge on the tailgate :rasp:).

Clio 182
rogan said:
Hey, I have just puchased a 1.4 Sport clio, one of the old ones but with the rounded head lights and middle break light.

Whats the difference between the two (RT and the Sport) I know that mine has the sports seats (love em!) and the cool gear knob but what is the difference.

I have not insured it yet, so will the sport push my insurance up over the RT (im about to start my second year, and I have 1yrs no claims)

Just curoius, thanks boys and gals

I had a 1.4 RT and a 1.4 Sport both brand new, the sport pissed over the RT even though they were both 1.4, much better drive all round, seemed faster, better acceleration, handled better etc, I used to use it for a 110 mile daily commute and loved it. Had a 2001 Y reg 1.4 Sport, white dials, sports seats, dual optic headlights and sure it had slightly different suspension/steering iirc?? - what year are you getting?

6/468 17poo
the 'sport' models are pretty good, plus mines williams blue and does get mistaken for a 16v alot apparantly says Fatboy!cheers mate!