ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 sport 8v problems

Wonder if someone could give me a few pointers chaps.Basically bought a 1.4 sport few month back moreso for the missus when she passes her test.I`ve been using it a bit for work and have found a few faults that i`d like to get sorted before she gets her hands on it....Thers`s a knock coming from drivers side which i`m assuming is a ball joint problem?
Next seems to be using a lot of oil but i can`t see any obvious leak,though does look a bit oily around the head area,could this be head gasket?and another is the on board computer for checking what fuel/mileage does`nt seem to be working when i press the stalk in,could this be a fuse?although it does have an aftermarket radio fitted,could this have made that faulty?
Lastly i know the belts...timing belt etc need doing as have no record of last change and on cold mornings have the squeel coming from i assume the alternator belt,can these belts be done by myself or is it a garage job?Beginning to think of getting shot of it as looks like its gonna be a money pit.Any advice appreciated,cheers.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
As far as I am aware they don't have trip computers mate, mine doesn't anyway. Still has the button for cost saving purposes I guess.