ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 tuning ideas??

clio 1.4
iv got a 1.4 dynamique, jus wundrin wat i cud do 2 it to get it to about 120 bhp n how much it wud cost, or shud i wait till i get a faster car??????

Dynamique+ 1.4
Why bother? a Chip from Ktec racing only gets it to 110 bhp and thats about £300. Just spend the cash on making it look nicer, and wait til you can afford a 172 or somthing. Dont be fooled by thinking a fat air filter and a straight through exhaust is gunna give u 20 more horses though.

Mk2 Clio dci
i have the same engine size, and you could put the ktec chip on, the ktec exhaust manifold, a ktr exhaust and a pipercross induction kit, and that should be very close to 120bhp, if not just over? im doing the same, as i want to keep my car for a few years, but want it to go a bit better! thatll cost about £900 altogether.

Dynamique+ 1.4
£900 plus god knows what on the insurance or a non insurance pay out when you write it off.

White Sti Hatch
Just dont buy an Open air induction kit get an inclosed one !!! or just dont waste your money on it :/

Clio Dynamique 1.2 2005
why do you say that mate? i dont mind spening a little extra if it will perform better, and the K&N 57i is only like £80 on ebay deliverd. :)

Clio dci 65 Extreme
i would say the K&N induction kit but as was mentioned its a matter of preference and taste. Regarding your question willsylad i was going to post something similiar so cheers for that i've got a 1.4 Dynamique also and the k-tec racing website is a good place for ideas as mentioned.

White Sti Hatch
Your better just getting a better panel fiter and a good cold airfeed to it will be well better than an induction kit unless your wanting the noise....i had a K&N on mine for a while

White Sti Hatch
if you want sound get an Exhaust lol and decat it

I recently put my Airbox back on and without the IK you do hear a diffrence of sound with it its more of a rough raspy sounds where as with airbox its the same but a lot quiter

Clio Dynamique 1.2 2005
it was said somehwere on here, the de cat makes the 1.2 clio sound abit *crap* and that the sport's cat makes it sound much better?, tbh i dont know anything about this but just be reading up abit :) , i dont want my car to sound too loud just that purrr when you rev her up :evil:

White Sti Hatch
I dont have decat and dont plan on it ..... if you just want your car to "purr" then just getyourself an exhaust

Dynamique+ 1.4
Get the sebring/renault exhaust backbox for £115 on the ktec site, wont actually have to tell the insurance as apparantly it was available as an upgrade for a clio 2 anyway. I think i might get one.

Mk2 172
Dont bother with the engine. waste of time imo. spend it on the suspension and brakes etc. far more benefit from it. i mean are you really goin to notice ten hp that much!

Mk2 Clio dci
i wudnt get it from there, what a rip off! you can get it from renault for about £50 coz there cutting off the stock as the new shape clios are out now, and the campus shapes have stopped. thats why k-tec have got hold of a load!
Renault also have loads of other campus shape, parts on offer, like bodykits for £100 etc

1.8 8v RSi
look at it this way...everythign u spend on tunning a 1.4 wont even copare to the next model up and you will realise like me that its not work spalshing out of performance mods when the next model up is faster than urs with the mods

Clio Dynamique 1.2 2005
i am trying to find some leather interior for my 1.2 as i figure if im not going fast mite aswell go comfortable lol :)

Clio dci 65 Extreme
well suppose thats down to how the car makes you feel and what you want to do to it mate. isnt really about comparing but i see your point i've got a 1.4 and i havent done much to my car just sound system and alloys after my engine is knackered i will go for the engine conversion to 172 engine. But if buying air filters and getting a new exhaust fr a 1.4 makes the person feel good about there car then i guess why not :)