ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.5 dci daily

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I’ll try and see if I have any videos for you mate. I chased a leak on my 100 for 2 weeks and then noticed a few drops of oil coming from the cold side of the cooler, it drove mint after that[emoji23]

Edit: the only vid I could find is this one on my YouTube, can’t find the one with the filter noise and I swear I put it on my facebook

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Can anyone confirm if the later 65’s came with an intercooler?
I’ve bought a 55 plate 65 DCi and it’s got an intercooler on it. A standard plastic one?

I didn’t think they did.

Later campus came with an intercooler as stock, same setup as dci 100.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Ohhhh! This is fantastic news! I’ve just checked and mine is a campus 68 ?

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Here's my mates dCi 100

That’s a DCi!? Sounds like a 172! Lol

Does anyone have more info on the 68 DCi? If it’s got the 100 box and intercooler, is there a chance it’ll have the injectors on a lower map?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Think the 68 still has the 65 injectors not sure if it has the yellow tag s**t turbo or the variable vane one the same as the 100

Easiest way to check is if it has a MAF sensor or an inlet air temp sensor and a buzzing boost solenoid in the bay behind the ECU

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Think the 68 still has the 65 injectors not sure if it has the yellow tag s**t turbo or the variable vane one the same as the 100

Easiest way to check is if it has a MAF sensor or an inlet air temp sensor and a buzzing boost solenoid in the bay behind the ECU

From when i stripped the intercooler off the scrap late model dci i believe it had a vnt turbo, so probably same as dci 100. Injectors and pump had gone sadly so no idea about them.

My mrs is running a 2010 Mk3 1.5 dci 86 in sport tourer trim for the dog. I specifically made sure it was pre DPF.
Spent quite abit of money on it doing the cambelt etc, 4 tyres, front discs and pads are going to want doing and its now leaking water into the rear foot well so I have a door seal on order.
Sounds abit gruff but goes well enough, seems to do around low 50s mpg wise even doing very short trips. Being 8 years/ 80k old there are a few bits of loose interior trim etc.
Quite a good smoker really for not a lot of money.

2004 RB182 Cup
It does fit. You just have to do a few little bits here and there

I’ve got a dCi 100 turbo if you want to go that route[emoji6]
Probably to get the best from a dci turbo you would need injectors to though? Does anyone know if radiators are the same? I'm getting a dci80 intercooler today but not sure if I'll need the rad to.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Probably to get the best from a dci turbo you would need injectors to though? Does anyone know if radiators are the same? I'm getting a dci80 intercooler today but not sure if I'll need the rad to.

Got a full dCi 100 engine (cambelt has snapped), ECU, UCH, turbo and injectors mate. Just dont have the intercooler. Have a spare cat and a full exhaust too

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Talking of cambelts... mines overdue on the DCI I’ve bought.
Does anyone have any idea how much i should be paying for a cambelt/aux belt and waterpump change?

Cambelt is the only thing I won’t change myself.

2004 RB182 Cup
Talking of cambelts... mines overdue on the DCI I’ve bought.
Does anyone have any idea how much i should be paying for a cambelt/aux belt and waterpump change?

Cambelt is the only thing I won’t change myself.
Mine is also due but I'll be tackling it myself. Looks a total piece of piss compared to the 1*2. If you are handy enough with spanners buy the locking tools and give it a go!

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Ahhhh, now you’ve said that. I might have to look into it, if it’s not as bad as a 172

Have you seen any guides to read? Or a YouTube vid?

2004 RB182 Cup

Piece of cake. Alot of people on the forum make out that timing belts are a holy grail of servicing and can only be done by some renault Oracle. If you do most of your own servicing work it will be a breeze for you just take your time and triple check everything before turning the key.

2004 RB182 Cup
Belt is a piece of piss on a dCi. Only annoying thing is the aux tensioner
Mine needs a new one. It's squealing like a pig on cold starts and when there's load on it. I looked in and it appears to be able to be adjusted manually though, it's not on a spring.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Mine needs a new one. It's squealing like a pig on cold starts and when there's load on it. I looked in and it appears to be able to be adjusted manually though, it's not on a spring.

Aye the 65 and 80 are manual and usually break. Think @Brigsy made his own iirc, a lot of people usually do as they’re awful things standard. Same with 172 Cup ones

The manual tensioners are however loads better than to spring ones on the 100’s. They usually come apart and half of it is still stuck to the engine

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I’ve never really done a cambelt, because of how easy it is to mess an engine up.

How many hours do you think it would take as a first attempt?

2004 RB182 Cup
I’ve never really done a cambelt, because of how easy it is to mess an engine up.

How many hours do you think it would take as a first attempt?
I'll be starting it around 9am and hope to have it done by lunch time worst case. Just take your time and it'll be fine. Timing belts are no worse than anything else. You can mess up your engine changing oil to.

2004 RB182 Cup
Finding an 80 intercooler is easier said than done though. A fella on here has one but won't post.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
with the tensioners, models with air conditioning have an automatic tensioner which is a doddle. The manual ones can be tensioned with a jubilee clip over the hooks.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
with the tensioners, models with air conditioning have an automatic tensioner which is a doddle. The manual ones can be tensioned with a jubilee clip over the hooks.

Graham,
Mine has a/c! Could you expand on how it’s easier please. It sounds like I’m going to have to give this a go myself. :)

2004 RB182 Cup
usually loads at the scrappies, I got 4 full kits (coolers and the 3x pipes) for £20 each a few months back and sold them on ebay
Fancy getting another? I'm in Northern Ireland. Seems dci 80 weren't that popular. Loads of 65s just in the breakers over here.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I made this to tension the manual tensioner. Without it i could not get it tight enough as nowhere to get the bar in.
5A5FDD9C-2CEB-4102-AEAD-B829961E88F2.png

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Graham,
Mine has a/c! Could you expand on how it’s easier please. It sounds like I’m going to have to give this a go myself. :)
Well sir, luckily I have an engine out of the car in the garage! you can see the tensioner. You just chuck a spanner on the hex part and it slackens off.

49384953_451686358695566_1580853276973203456_n.jpg

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Fantastic @GrahamS ?
The videos I’ve seen with setting the tensioner etc correctly. That put me off.

I think I’ll give this a go now ? cheers buddy!

2004 RB182 Cup
Noticed the carpet was a bit wet in the clio.......
So this happened
20190104_172421.jpg

Sunroof out. Myself and @rik220 Have done this to every clio we have owned and it's getting easier with practice. Instead of using silicone we used waterproof double sided foam. @rik220 has used it on his 1.2 with good results. Should also be easier to replace when inevitably it does start to leak again. Mpg is now up to round 61 with mixed a and b road driving. Love it.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I refuse to buy a Clio with a sunroof lol.

Mines showing 71.4mpg after 600 miles of commuting. Brilliant little cars.
Mines taking slightly longer to start start first thing in the morning, but hardly noticeable - full tank of shell Vpower diesel and redex next to give the injectors etc a bit of a clean out