ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.5 dci not starting(injector issue?)

2006 clio
Hi people
I bought a 2006 1.5 dci clio about 3 months ago,it had "check injector" warning on the dash but was told it had been sorted...
While out a few days ago the car started to splutter an then cut out.
I managed to start it up after several tries,drove about 1 mile an the same thing happened(still had around 200 mile worth of fuel in the tank so told its not out of fuel)
Managed to get the car towed home and plugged in a diagnostic machine(just a generic 1 nothing special but i gave 2 codes P0089 & P2263) I've made sure im getting fuel to the injectors,I've took crankshaft sensor off an cleaned it,also cleaned EGR valve while there,I've now noticed on the dash it doesn't say check injectors anymore it now reads 'INJECTOR FAULT'.
I've ask a mate to come round with his 'snap on' diagnostics reader later so hopefully he comes round

Other then waiting on him what else could I try(bear in mind its bank holiday an most garages/parts shops are shut till morning)

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated...cheers in advance!

Much love...Tintin

2006 clio
I've had the better code reader put on and it was bringing up fuel pressure regulator & turbo actuator & fuel rail faults,we cleared the codes but still no luck starting,I've made sure there's no air-lock in the fuel,I've had a look threw the fuses next to the battery(what a daft place there in),after trying to start it a few more times the battery's dead...???

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Fuel pump s**t itself, injectors failed or fuel system supply related by the sounds of it.

Needs going on a proper diagnostic machine and looking at live data for fuel pressure on cranking , actuall and requested from ecu ( pressure regulator )

Other thing to check is carefully take your fuel filter apart , pour its content into a clear cup/ jug and look for glitter, if you find glitter it's game over. New pump / injectors / rail and the tank and fuel lines flushed out