ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.5dci smokey when cold, using oil, how to do engine flush ??

So i picked up a 1.5dci a few days a go, its returning awesome mpg but this is counted by the oil usage! ive read up that the 1.5 suffered from gummed up piston rings and often this is solved with an engine flush (apparently renaults own procedure is a double flush) so whats the procedure to do an engine flush? i understand that by loosening all the crap it may cause a big problem but im willing to take the risk!

im assuming change the oil and filter to new stuff (10w40 is recommend as standard so i should use that?) add in the flush and run it on idle for 15 minutes? then change oil and filter and put in new oil?

But ive also seen people say to put in the flush then go for a drive and rag it then change it out.

What do people recommend? (ill be suprised if this fixes it but its worth a go)

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
As you said for the flush use the cheapest oil you can lay your hands on run it hot then drain. New decent oil n filter job done