ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.5dci Terrible staring and rough idle

04 Clio 1.5Dci
Hi, Im kind of new to all of this so please bear with me!

I own a 2004 clio 1.5Dci and a about a week ago it started having problems starting up, especially when cold. It has progressively gotten worse and is now running like a bag of snot!

The car will turn over but struggles to fire up and will bring the coil, engine stop light and the stop light on but will eventually fire up.

Changed the glow plugs, fuel filer, air filter and EGR valve in the last couple of weeks, but nothing has helped.

Just got a garage to plug into it and they found the following fault codes -

DF207 - EGR solenoid valve circuit (4def) (blocked)
DF062 - Preheater plugs circuit
DF130 - combustion No 1
DF137 - rail pressure regulation function (1DEF) pressure below minimum.

Can any suggest where to go next as its a bit of a head scratcher!!

Thanks in advance

Clio DCi 100
I have the DCi 100, when i bought it, it did the same as what you described. It would turn over for ages and the glow light would come back on but eventually it would start.

Basically i gave it, new oil, new filters, egr clean, new plugs, different fuel pump with different fuel pressure regulator. And as you said nothing had helped me either.

I've fixed it now and i basically needed a complete set of injectors (Didn't come up on my diagnostics, just a couple of others things). My guess is injectors are what you need. Try and get someone to do an injector test on your car, then you'll know for sure before buying them as they're not cheap.

Hope this helps.