ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 & 1*2 Rear Brake Disks

Am I right in saying that the rear disks used on a 1.6 are the same as those used on the 1*2 models? If so, anyone know of any decent deals on them?

2014 Clio 200t edc
If I could ask on this subject, what torque setting do the rear hub nuts need to be? Also can the original but be used?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
175Nm

Use the original flanged nut if any replacement nut doesn't come with a washer

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
hehe trying to think from memory, 22 or 24mm to remove the rear disc nut, and a 16mm or something similar to remove the rear callipers is all you need, and a screwdriver or something flat to wind the caliper back (rear wind back not push like the front)

remember when you remove the rear disc, there should be a little silver washer type thing goes between the disc and hub, sometimes this pulls off with the old discs and new ones arnt supplied arnold clark didnt fit one of mine when i bought the car on the condition it had new brakes all round and a month later they had a £400 bill to put it right lol)

2014 Clio 200t edc
Thanks Martin, really appreciate it. It always looks easy in writing, but looking at the car, not so!!