ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 16v conversion..?

Mercedes C320!
hey i have done a quick search but couldnt find that much...

I have a 2002 1.2 16v and i was wondering if any body know if the 1.6 is pretty much just a straight swap, as i no that the 2.0 has quite abit of work to get it in there.

Thanks alot guys
Luke

Clio's
its probably about the same as the 2.0 but as long as you have all the looms ECU, decoder key and ignition barrel then its just a case of taking all the 1.2 stuff out and putting the 1.6 stuff in. same with the 2.0 though

Mercedes C320!
cheers for the comments guys... I dont no wot to do tho, whether to do a conversion or to just buy a 2.0....so confused!

LY 182
its EXACTLY the same job as fitting a 2.0 need both looms ecu uch etc etc etc

1.6 (k4m) and 2.0 (f4r) are near enough identical to look at use the same managment etc

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Easily get 45mpg on a run in my fiancees 1.6 16v megane coupe!

You'd be best to do the 2 litre conversion if you're going to all the work anyway imo

M

mini-valver

Luke go for a 1.4 98bhp with closer to 1.2 fuel economy, 1.6 is only 110bhp iirc n it drinks!!

Crack head. The difference in torque alone is massive. I used to get 50mpg on the motorway, 40 ish around town. Now, when it starts, I get about 40 on a rn and 30 when toeing it, and thats modified.

Going from a 1.2 - a 1.4 would be pointless. Need to be at least 1.6 to make it worthwhile tbh.