ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 16v dynamique owners

So will I be spanking the VTRs then do you think!

Wouldnt mind seeing the 1.2s down the strip as they hold a special place in my heart!

Chris (Ex 1.2 16v)

You could go into production of them, Buy em from Renault, saw the top off, affix chicken wire, bobs your uncle, Sell them for more than a viper!!!

H22A7 Accord Type R

lol, nah, be too scared of warranty jobs! irrate customers comin back to me! lol. lots of interest in it tho. get pics up once i get it meshed n cold-air-fed

I think parkers just put down what the manufacture tells them. All the clios seem to be at least 1 second faster than they have got down.

No, you wont be spanking VTRs, their power to weight is the same as a 1.6 Dynamique so it will be close. And as for a Dynamique chasing a VTS!! I dont think so. VTSs do 15.9 1/4 miles as standard, not far off a 172!

I dont intend any of this to be hostile by the way, just stating facts.

Ralphy vts is right. 1.6 16v clios are more vtr league then vts league.

I beat a vtr(not easily) over a decent straight stretch of road and he had an extra person in the car.

id love to get one in proper race conditions

I too have raced vtrs havent lost to one yet, raced a vts as well got beat what can i say lighter, car 10 more bhp nippy little car!

D

Dynamic Devil

Can any of you explain how my clio can stay infront of my mates Mitsubshi FTO?? (Up to about 70mph that is, then he passes me) His car has a 2.0L V6 engine (197BHP) de-catted, and an induction kit.

My clio engine wise is totally standard??

Have come up against about 4 different VTRs over the last year or so and the same thing happens every time, 1st and 2nd not a lot in it , then top of 2nd (55-60) start to gain/make a slight distance from VTR, 3rd gear BYE! and yes,suprisingly it is has been that dramatic every time, I suppose this is where the bit of extra 20/12bhp does its bit. Dont know really, because the VTR is a heck of a lot lighter.

(Maybe they were all Westcoasts (1.4)!!, hope not, imagine the shame :oops: )

Oh and VTSs, definately quicker cars no doubt about it, but not by as much as I thought they would be, only come up against one though so Im reserving judgement for now because theres no telling whether he was really going for it like I was (probably thought I was a 1.2 and didnt bother!) Must say though I have been very impressed with what I have seen of Craggys VTS on the videos, shocked in fact!

stu

Raced a primera gt other night had it to 100 then it flew past me, also raced a 1 litre charade dead heat to 115, then i edged him. it may not be as quick as a vts or 106 gti, but its a quick car! going hunting for a zetec-s tonight going to whoop its ass.

we are the one down from the 172, renault could of at least give us 130-40 bhp!