ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 16v engine cover

BMW F31
does anyone know if the mk2 ph1 1.6 without the top engine cover will accept the later mk2 ph2 top engine cover?

cheers guys :)

BMW M135i
Do believe its possible, someone on here has done it to their mk2 ph1 RSi can't remember who though.
Not sure how easy it is to do though.

BMW F31
ok cheers for the reply does anyone else know if its defo possible it all looks the same e.g what im assuming are the ht lead covers over the top of the engine etc show through the cover on the mk2 ph2's. just would like to see if anyone else has done this?

RB 200 Cup!
as bmh said im positive they will fit but dont quote me - have you tried ringing renault and asking them?

al

ST on the way...
I'll try and get some pics of mine for you fella and post them up and you can see if there are any differences.

al

ST on the way...
Lol, the one I got from you is now on my car all nice and clean and my old one is sat half and half in sanded primer lol!!

I mean a picture of the engine tho, where the plastic lugs are that it clips on to :)

al

ST on the way...
I've quickly done this till I can get out to take a photo later on.

On the plastic intake manifold (black bit) there are little plastic legs that stick up, onto these go some metal clips to attach the engine cover to.

I have circled (from memory so may not be axact) where they should be.

mountoints.jpg

al

ST on the way...
Here we go mate, the plastic lugs on a MK2 PH2 1.6 16v, you may have the plastic bits but not the metal bits, these can be got cheap from renault anyway :D

engine1.jpg

engine2.jpg

engine3.jpg

Not a Clio anymore.....
al said:
I've quickly done this till I can get out to take a photo later on.

On the plastic intake manifold (black bit) there are little plastic legs that stick up, onto these go some metal clips to attach the engine cover to.

I have circled (from memory so may not be axact) where they should be.

mountoints.jpg

Thats what my engine cover looks like and I have a Mk2 Ph1 RSi. Is that not standard on the Mk2 Ph1's?

BMW M135i
weewebbo said:
Thats what my engine cover looks like and I have a Mk2 Ph1 RSi. Is that not standard on the Mk2 Ph1's?

Not as far as I know, all the Ph1's i've seen don't have the cover and have Renault 16v printed on the plenum at the top in yellow.

BMW F31
yeah as bmh.01 said they have renault 16v printed on the plenum, i dont think the cover is going to fit cos i dont even have the plastic bits protruding from the plenum.

weewebbo what year is yours?

I put one onto my old meggy coupe. My inlet manifold didnt have the metal silver clips for the cover to plug onto. And i didnt notice that the clips could be taken off the donor car and fitted to my inlet....so went and swapped over the whole inlet. What an ass lol, severly burnt my have on the throttle body too lol. I got the cover and manifold for £5.....score. And then i painted it the same as the car, cherry red.....sexual.

Polo + Micra
yeah i ditched mine too mainly because i found it nearly in the radiator fan one day when i opened the bonnet:dapprove:

Not a Clio anymore.....
clio 1.6 16v said:
yeah as bmh.01 said they have renault 16v printed on the plenum, i dont think the cover is going to fit cos i dont even have the plastic bits protruding from the plenum.

weewebbo what year is yours?

Mines one of the last Ph1 Rsi's, its a 2001 Y plate. But the guy who had mine before me did some engine mods so maybe the cover was part of that.

al

ST on the way...
steviet said:
why??? just gets in the way when you need to change a coil/plugs!!!

Mainly cos it protects the coils and plugs ;)

How often do you change the plugs?!? :S