ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 16v mods

anyone have picutres of their 1.6 16v modified? also what performance mods are available other than the usual filters and exhaust??
cheers

None
Lots of mods available engine wise but 9 out of 10 ppl on here will tell you to get a 172 instead

id love a 172 but insurance is too much, think im going to go for a 1.6, just wondered if there are many cam kits and manifolds, remaps etc for them...

VSO

Renault Clio 1.4 16V
Superchips gives +5&6 hp or so..
Wimmer RST Chips claim +11 hp
There is an also exhaust system from supersprint..(headers,decat pipe,middle straight pipe and muffler)
Colombo Bariani cam kit available also..

One of my friends reached 130hp in his 1.6 16V..With a custom chip,custom headers,K&N 57i intake kit and a supersprint muffler..

I am sure that you can reach 135 hp or so..

M

mini-valver

Matced inlet too, mine will be for sale within the next monnth or so. PM me if your interested fella....

My spec as it stands is- matched inlet and worked plenum, simota IK, supersprint de-cat and cat back Prospeed. Pulls much better lower down and feels more revvy and free after 4k.

Mazda MX5 1.8
^ did the plans for a 'special' secret inlet manifold mod fall through then?

or u saying ur inlet manifold will be for sale rather than the car? lol

M

mini-valver

^Its in progress mate, selling the matched inlet because of it! Sorry if that came out all screwy, lol.

Mazda MX5 1.8
im suprised there isnt much more avaliable as the 1.6 16v is in loads of renault cars.
the megane is crying out for a supercharger with all the room avaliable in their engine bays!

makes me depressed when i see how much is avaliable for pretty much any jap cars!

1.6 16v
i was lookin for something to do mine. was thinkin about manifold from k-tech and a de-cat. with the cams do you have to replace the timing belt.

M

mini-valver

That would be boring though! It's good being the '1st' to do things etc, makes it more fun and rewarding IMO....

Giles, you're not looking hard enough ;)

BMW M135i
Well it is modified and any excuse.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

9.jpg

Only real engine mod is this:

IMG_1347.JPG

IMG_1348.JPG

IMG_1368.JPG

Sounds nice to me anyway: http://media.putfile.com/Clio-16-16v-Simota-IK

Oh and btw, yes I am a pic ***** :rasp:.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
if this is the same engine thats in my megane (k4m i think it is, 1.6 16v) then around 155bhp is achievable

enclosed filter
head skimmed/ported/ polished
either reprofiled cams or new road/race cams from kent/cat cams etc
manifold, de-cat and full system
a good re-map as well to make sure everythings working just fine :)

also think about stripping it out, getting better brakes, tyres, lighter wheels etc

Mazda MX5 1.8
nice ik!
cant help thinking its a bit big for the application but still......

im still in 2 minds as to whether i should mod mine anymore or not.

^ yes its the k4m

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
im sure yours has a diff throttle system though which unfortunately means it doesnt put out the same power as mine? mines 110 bhp?

Mazda MX5 1.8
they are 110 as std but most of the clios have fly by wire throttles rather than cables which is a bit of a pain as i believe theres a laguna 2ltr throttle body that fits to give a little increase in power?

anyway wont fit us with fbw

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
yeah thats the ones lol, was talking to a lad who has delt with both and reckoned the megane was faster thats why i didnt get the clio as i was thinking power to weight etc but nvm, go ahead and mod it though mate, gotta be worth it to keep up with the 172 boys :p

Mazda MX5 1.8
apparently it will be slightly more responsive yeah because of the slight trottle delay on the fbw system

my engine mod so far lol

P10102232.gif

well also a ktec exhaust out back.....

BMW M135i
nice ik!
cant help thinking its a bit big for the application but still......

im still in 2 minds as to whether i should mod mine anymore or not.

^ yes its the k4m

Its actually a kit designed for the 1.4 16v believe it or not, seeing as the engines are the same barring a longer stroke crank on the 1.6 then the kit fits fine. Despite not being listed on simotas website :S, who knows.

Its the same filter they use on the 2.0 16v kit from what I can see, i'd say the actual filter is no larger than the K&N 57i kit one. But heh for £40 i'm not complaining.

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
I think now you can buy a lot of things for your K4M engine to increase the power, e.g. you can choose between 8 sport camshaft profiles from different brands, oversize pistons are availible (+1mm) so that the bore/stroke ratio is quadratic, you have 1640ccm and increased compression ratio and certainly the other usual stuff...