ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 16v Mods

182 cup pack

Edde can u give us other details-an net addres for example???

I was searching the net but couldnt find anything about a supercharger kit for 1,4 and 1,6 16v clios!!!

Personally I prefer the supercharger than the turbo convertion due to reliability and better power gians at low rpm..also superchargers are much easier to be fitted....

And at the end 4000 Euros are not that many when talking about +75 hp...

Help meeee...:confused: :)

I have a file here in German on supercharger Renault kits for 1.4 and 1.6 but since I Microsoft word installed I cannot read it. I read it today at work and Im sure it said 4350 euros or something although it was in German so I could only pick up bits of it.

Throttle bodies would be easier though and safer IMO. For £2.5~3k you could have about 140hp out of the 1.4 and 160 out fo the 1.6 Although more may be likly Im not sure on the 1.4 and 1.6 spec. Best ask BenR.

If you PM me your email address Ill send you the file but you need wod to open it it has the compnay address and phone number in it

Edit here the adddress but Im not deleting my typing

http://www.k-power.de/http://www.k-power.de/

EDD

Jonesy, K4M is the 1.6 16v engine.

At the moment I still have drums at the rear and 259mm (brembo oro) discs at the front, theyre enough to stop the car (actually, the stock 1.6 16v Clio has the same brakes from the 1.2 16v, except the ESP version with discs at the rear).

The engine swap was in fact very expensive, but not due to mechanical reasons (that part of swapping the engine and stuff was rather easy actually), the REAL problem was the electric part. To cut a long story short, the only way to do this (if you have a phase2 Clio2) is to get the engine+ecu+cables+electric throttle body from a phase2 Clio2, because this is the only Clio that uses multiplexing. And believe me, finding a crashed phase2 1.6 16v is VERY hard! (Id say impossible!)

As a matter of curiosity, Renault has sold less 1.6 16v Clios in Portugal than Clio RSs, in fact, one of the largest Renault dealers here never sold a single phase2 1.6 16v Clio2!

This engine swap is something I really dont recommend, unless you have a phase1 Clio2 - in this case its a rather easy task, and something to cost less than 2000€ (better cost/performance ratio than fitting a turbo on the 1.2 16v!).

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

well yes mate, as has previously been suggested we have the rarest models out there, this obviously means that we rule too....as a by product.