ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 16v performance

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

no way its less that 28 not if tests show 30.4, sure its less than that.

gets to 60 in 9.3 the takes 23 more seconds to go from 60 -100 ??

certainly dont feel like that.

I have a timed 0-100 run using an AP-22 and GPS as timed by Rhys.

0-60 the best was 8.5 sec. I cant for the life of me remember what the 100 came up in? I think it was around 28-29 sec?

I remember Rhys being impressed with it and he had the williams at the time and previously a mk2 172.

(Dont shoot me down for quoting these figs. they are what I got and I have proof!)

Thats fair enough, but AP22 times depend on setting up and i would never take the figures as fact.

Top Gear tested a Mini Cooper at 0-60 in 8.6, ill be giving you 1.6 boys a whipping i hope ;)

-Rob

Mines the rarest of them all mmmwwwahahahahaha! i only now of one other 2000 rsi (1.6 16v)

mine shifts! pisses on modded vtrs and mine is standard! but i have been told mine is a fast one! *shruggs shoulders*

she does me and she is on 17s! zorst and ramcharger will be here shortly

and for the doubters of the 2000rsi and keep refering to the 1.8 8v here is a pic note the door badge! hard to see but u can make it out!

there is another one h3lter;). Went to look at one last weekend but the bodywork was cack :sick:

mines badged up as a "16v", which is actually quite cool as most people just expect it to be a 1.2 or 1.4.

they are a very under rate car IMO

i was gonna down badge mine but i like the rsi too much lol

i ment by only know of one other rsi2000 as in on the site!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Quote: Originally posted by Dazz on 30 April 2004

there is another one h3lter;). Went to look at one last weekend but the bodywork was cack :sick:

mines badged up as a "16v", which is actually quite cool as most people just expect it to be a 1.2 or 1.4.

they are a very under rate car IMO

heheheh muahahaha me 2 :devilish:

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Quote: Originally posted by h3lter on 30 April 2004

i wanna go up against a dynamic 1.6 16v!

but it means takin out my system and i cant be arsed lol
why? they are the same engine.

cus i been told mine is fast for the 1.6 16v and u know wot new cars are like! they normally got a tiny bit more va va voom!

The AP-22 run was calibrated using gps which proved quite accurate. It was also used to test a williams, a mk1 172, a mk2 172 and a Cup and none of those were giving better than book time 0-60s

I have also had it rolling roaded at 108 bhp, this was when it had only 1000 miles on the clock and with the very restrictive standard air box thats on the 1.6 (With the paper and gauze air filter)

How many 172 can say they actually have the stated power figures???

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

h3lter, no i dont think so. In fact id say urs is prob faster than mine as urs has done a load more miles and the engine is prob nice and loose, mines done 6k!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by clio__chris on 30 April 2004

the 04 ones has discs at the back.......... mine dont (53)

damn it why didnt i wait!!!!

I fackin knew it!!!! U wouldnt listen would ya

Mazda MX5 1.8

this is from the renault website for a 04 1.6 dynamique clio........

Braking

Front Disks (Diameter mm)

Rear Disks (Diameter mm)
230 - Rear Discs

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

hmm i prefer not far from london hahaha

oxford?!

[Edited by david_129 on 30 April 2004 at 10:45am]

yes mitsi, we know now thanks. Your 1.6 is better. Happy!?!? lol

well we find out who is more north and who is more south then we pick a place in the middle!

[Edited by h3lter on 30 April 2004 at 10:49am]

oh the joys of livin in the midlands!

quote:

Mines the rarest of them all mmmwwwahahahahaha! i only now of one other 2000 rsi (1.6 16v)

unquote

-if by putting this you mean me, 1.6 16v been my handle, mines not an rsi

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

04 Dynamique 1.6 16v (with rear discs)=3

Id rather bring the valver though

[Edited by Mitsi on 30 April 2004 at 10:58am]

cant wait to meet mitsi! i just wanna shake the guys hand man funny f**k lol!

so thats 4 1.6 16v so far yea?

[Edited by h3lter on 30 April 2004 at 10:59am]

h3lter=4

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

lol doh u can c how it could be confused though! Were all 1.6ers! I rekon 6 1.6s would be good if we can.

ok ok

1.6 16v=1

david_129=2

Mitsi=3

h3lter=4

[Edited by david_129 on 30 April 2004 at 11:02am]

pretty sure badboy_mc will come to this too!

there are loads! we need to find them all! create a new thread and find where every one is! then wen we know we can choose a specific location then put it on meetings board!