ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 16v Turbo Kit

Clio PH2 K4M
I have a K4M engine'd PH2 and have been intrested in this kit for a while, but I'm umming and arring over whether to just put a F4R lump in instead.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Realistically whats it going to make? maybe in the region of 160 on a low boost application.

I can't see the point, because to go with your turbo you're going to want to stick RS suspension and brakes on the car, then probably the wheels and tyres too and finally the bodykit because lets be honest it looks quite decent.
Then the interior too, because it's that bit nicer than a stock 1.6

You'll end up lashing out several grand for a car that looks and go's like a 1*2, with all the fun of a half-baked turbo conversion.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Realistically whats it going to make? maybe in the region of 160 on a low boost application.

I can't see the point, because to go with your turbo you're going to want to stick RS suspension and brakes on the car, then probably the wheels and tyres too and finally the bodykit because lets be honest it looks quite decent.
Then the interior too, because it's that bit nicer than a stock 1.6

You'll end up lashing out several grand for a car that looks and go's like a 1*2, with all the fun of a half-baked turbo conversion.
I would probably disagree, they claim 170-180bhp with probably similar torque, which would go really well!

172 widetrack and brakes wouldn't cost much and is all you would need! - If I can find a 1.6 16v for around £500 ill do it! something a bit different

found a guy that has it fitted, goes well

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Kit doesn't include the rest of the exhaust, or engine management or mapping though. Unless thats whats covered under 'and others'??
Are injectors/fuel pump needed as well??

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
kit includes a link pipe to use your own exhaust of your choice, it uses the standard management and standard fuel pump, a guy mentioned what injectors it was he was running when I looked into it, I want to say laguna F4RT but I cant remember, either way injectors aren't expensive so all you would need is the kit and some mapping.

standalone management imo would be the way to go to do it properly but using the standard ecu lets you have a fully removable kit that doesn't involve anything else!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Yes you can , you'd had to add a sensor to an ecu pin I'd guess. Or one of those fancy control boxes like EFI does so the F4r can be factory ecu turbo's

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Yes you can , you'd had to add a sensor to an ecu pin I'd guess. Or one of those fancy control boxes like EFI does so the F4r can be factory ecu turbo's

then its not stock and efi's boost unit thing requires the stock ecu to be mapped. "No-way you can run the un-modified standard management on a turbo conversion, no way in hell" is correct if you did it would end in tears