ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 cams on 1.4

2007 clio dynamique
Hi just looking for some info , as i understand the 1.6 cams will fit on the 1.4 , im just wondering if anybody knows if any gains are to be had , i no that its not going to make a slow car fast etc but could be a cheap way of getting abit more power ? Any info would be appreciated as there doesnt seem to be much information about it cheers

2007 clio dynamique
Ye that is kind of what i have gathered from having a quick look on the internet , but also that the 1.6 cams give abit more power when fitted to a 1.4 i no this basically gives me an answer but it may not be true because as you said if the heads are pretty much the same then the cams should be ? I just dont want to start swapping cams for no reason

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
its an expensive job by the time you replace the belts and tensioners and ideally your going to need to remap it to get the best gain you could from it, if you were going to all that effort you would be as well going for aftermarket cams or sticking a 1.6 bottom end on it too!!

2007 clio dynamique
The belts need doing soon which is why i am now thinking about it , if gains are minimal then i wont bother just thought it might be a cheap upgrade cheers for the advice anyway much appreciated