ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 K4M Dipstick Question

2007 Clio 197
Guys, have a Clio RSi with a 1.6 K4M. Did a full service the other day, but it appears the dipstick has snapped off, I dont think the end of the dipstick is still in the sump. Problem is I dont know exactly what the oil level should be. How does the electronic oil level gauge work thats shown when you start the car?

This is a pic of the dipstick.

t6vuht.jpg

Last edited:
  Arctic Blue 182 FF
Get yourself a thin long stick/rod and try it down the oil hole, it shoud give you an idea how much is in and if the old dipstick is still in there DONT overfill with oil mate

Evo 8 MR
Only way is to buy a new dipstick, the in car oil check is not to be used as an indication of when to change the oil.

Get yourself a longer dipstick while you're at it, I've burned my hand so many times trying to reach the pathetically short one that comes with the K4M!

2007 Clio 197
Only way is to buy a new dipstick, the in car oil check is not to be used as an indication of when to change the oil.

Thanks for the replies all. I know the electronic indictation is not to be used when to change the oil, but the question is how does the electronic oil level work? Where is the sensor? Would it warn if the oil level was too high?

Megane dci 130
It works by measuring how much current it takes to heat it to a certain temperature. The more it is emersed in oil, the more current it needs to build up to the certain temperature. This is how it works it out.

Its down the back of the engine block below the starter motor.

No it wont warn you if its too high.