ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 mk 2 lost power while driving

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
was driving along today, nothing out of the ordinary, and my car just lost power and conked out. Now it wont start but does turn over. My mates having a look at it at his garage tomorrow but thought id check if anyone could shed some light on this issue?
Thanks in advance.

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Hmm im worried it might be! Previous owner had the cambelt done not too long ago but i guess that doesnt mean something wont be wrong with it.

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Well checked today and no compression in chambers ... head off job. this is gonna be expensive. Hello new cambelt.

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Lol yes it did. Just found out cambelt is gone. B****cks!!! been quoted over £500 for repair by a mate. Only paid £2500 for it the other month! Damn thing. Tempted to get rid once its fixed, its just problem after problem.

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Ahh thats interesting. Only bought the car 2 months ago but the garage didnt supply a warranty. Bas**rds lol. Anyway its in another garage now, awaiting the diagnosis and the charge!

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
This happened to my 1.2 exept it would lose power completly then when restarted it would work again till about 3,000 revs. turned out some sort of sensor was gone and needed replacing, sooo many things have gone wrong with my clio but i still have my heart set on getting a 182!!

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
This happened to my 1.2 exept it would lose power completly then when restarted it would work again till about 3,000 revs. turned out some sort of sensor was gone and needed replacing, sooo many things have gone wrong with my clio but i still have my heart set on getting a 182!!

I know what you mean, ive had loads of problems already but i still cant really bring myself to get rid! Really not sure whether to get rid and go back to japanese, clios are so nice though :(

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Just got a proper quote back of £490, apparently the valves need doing and i quote - "theres no bloody way that cambelt has been changed, go and shout at the garage you bought it from!". Anyone know where i stand here? in the book it says cambelt changed but hasnt got a dealer stamp or signature.

Evo 8 MR
This is the problem with dealers, mine was stamped to say it was serviced when I bought the dynamique but I later discovered it had rusty spark plugs and oil darker than the ace of spades.

Looks like you've been hit way harder though, sorry to hear it.

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Im feeling a good shouting/arguing session coming on XD we'll see what he says when trading standards are mentioned lol. Probably wont do anything but oh well, it might be worth trying to get a contribution to the repairs.