ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.8 8v

Mk 1 RT
I know a load of you will say get a valver lump but im not the richest person in the world and cant really afford one...

anyway i want to put a 1.8 8v in my RT. they are cheap to get hold of so might as well do that.

Ive been told i can mate the 2L bottom end from a laguna on there and keep the 1.4 box too.. is this so?

im not all that clued up on engine ins and outs so i dont know where to start really.

any help/advice will be much aprecieated

Ta

I'd go with the 1.8 lump as it is and mate it to the 1.4 box. Extra expense of going to the 2.0 bottom end you might as well go valver lump lol

Mk 1 RT
yeah thats true. makes sense i suppose.. would i need to get a loom or shouldnt i worry about that? also i think i need engine mounts. need to speak to someone whos done it really i guess.

ValverInBits
valver lumps are cheap as chips. £200 will get you a goodun if you look. Theres no point in doing anything else (bang for buck)

340i
I've owned 2 RSI's previously, the pace really isn't far off a valver!

1.8 RSI cylinder head...

2.0 8v Laguna bottom end...

short ratio box... as you said 1.4rt

Wilder cam, head work (if funds would allow) decent exhaust / de-cat, air filter etc.

The above would be making good power plus a nice torque figure!

Nick Hill has built some good RSI engines, I was talking to him a few years ago about some work on my RSI until some inconsiderate fool in a lorry ran into me.

340i
thr f3p is a great lump. Really not far behind a valver for pace and the economy you can get blows the 16v out the water.

Finally somebody talks sense!

At Santa pod my RSi was matching and some times beating valvers on quarter miles y0

Both running breathing mods

320d
Stick an F4R in there. Depending on how handy you are with spanners. f0xy recons your could do the swap in a weekend for £1K.

Mk 1 RT
Thanks for the advice.. will most probably go for the F3P lump... dont have a spare grand kicking about unfortunatly!... im sure i will be posting in the projects thread soon so keep your eyes open :D

ValverInBits
I remember an F3R was on the market a few years ago on ebay. Thats well worthwhile. The F3P modified for use in the older formula renaults.

danny, what kind of economy can you get? might ditch my diesel

I remember an F3R was on the market a few years ago on ebay. Thats well worthwhile. The F3P modified for use in the older formula renaults.

danny, what kind of economy can you get? might ditch my diesel

Was that not someone on heres? Winstons maybe?