ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.8 Clio RSi

1995 Clio RSi 1.8
Hello all,

My first post on this forum :)

I just recently bought myself a 1995 1.8 RSi. I havent been driving for that long and this was about the best car that I could find/afford the car and afford the insurance.

I have just been thinking to myself what the best things to do on the car would be. Firstly I thought I would lower it, then I though to my self no ill get a nice exhaust, then I found these forums and thought I would ask here.

So what would you do first, and before anyone says "Get rid of it and get a better car" I am after some better replys than that please lol :clown:

Thanks,

Hope to get some replys soon.

1995 Clio RSi 1.8
Yeah, lower it by 35mm. It'll make it handle alot better plus you will still be able to go over speed-bumps. Zhorst will sound cool but not make any difference.

BTW. check out www.williamsclio.co.uk. as well

Ok thanks.

How much use will that site be too me, mine is not a williams its 1.8 RSi, dont know how different they are, I know the big difference is mines 8v and the williams are 16v.

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
I owned one for about 2 years a 1993 example and as standard is a pretty mean bit of kit, id be tempted to leave it stanard, its a real sleeper ;)

'92 172, Lotus Elise
aye, nothing wrong the RSi! 110bhp or something?

getting it lowered a bit would be first on my list :)

Yeah, lower it by 35mm. It'll make it handle alot better plus you will still be able to go over speed-bumps. Zhorst will sound cool but not make any difference.

BTW. check out www.williamsclio.co.uk. as well

Ok thanks.

How much use will that site be too me, mine is not a williams its 1.8 RSi, dont know how different they are, I know the big difference is mines 8v and the williams are 16v.
Williams are quite a bit differetn 16V yep but 2.0 bottom ends.

Good cars the Rsi's very much underrated the 1.8 16V and Williams saw to that.

Personaly first things I'd sort are all new bsuhes ball joint etc tiidy up the stock spec first.

The williams forum is veyr good more Mk1 orientated than here and there some more RSi owners/previous owners on there.
I just recently bought myself a 1995 1.8 RSi. I havent been driving for that long and this was about the best car that I could find/afford the car and afford the insurance.

I have just been thinking to myself what the best things to do on the car would be. Firstly I thought I would lower it, then I though to my self no ill get a nice exhaust, then I found these forums and thought I would ask here.
Depends what you want if you want to build a fast car forgte tunning buy a Willaims engine or a 1.8 head and 2.0 bottom end from a Megan rebuilt it with soem cams and you'll have avery quick car. If you just want to keep ot normal engine wise keep the car condition up check for any wear on parts and repalce a cleaned up normal car is quicker and more fun than one with 60mm springs and worn out everyhting plus will be less trouble.

1995 Clio RSi 1.8
Ok, if I lower by 60mm, that means I need to get a whole suspension kit doesnt it, istead of just the springs? Or am I wrong, someone told me that if you lower over 40mm then you cant just get the springs.

Cheers.

Ok, if I lower by 60mm, that means I need to get a whole suspension kit doesnt it, istead of just the springs? Or am I wrong, someone told me that if you lower over 40mm then you cant just get the springs.

Cheers.

Nope you can get 60mm springs normally. You cna get custom springs made up if you realy wanted to.
I'd never recomend just springs though the damers were out quicker the ride isn't ideal either.

1995 Clio RSi 1.8
Oh ok then, well thats cool.

Is there anywhere inparticular that you would recommend getting them from, a good website or something, I had a look around on www.demon-tweeks.co.uk but I dont really know how there prices/service compare to other sites.

Oh ok then, well thats cool.

Is there anywhere inparticular that you would recommend getting them from, a good website or something, I had a look around on www.demon-tweeks.co.uk but I dont really know how there prices/service compare to other sites.

John2modiefied on here is running group buy on KK coilovers at the moment might be worth looking at prices. Even his normal prices are cheaper the DemaonTweeks or he will coptere in no less favourable terms.