ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.8 N/A Renault engine 280bhp!!

182 Turbo
Just thought I'd throw this into discussion see what some of your views are on it, if anyone knows more about it etc etc

Car
6d7afb60.jpg
b70cc361.jpg
830ef757.jpg
411f5cd1.jpg
9b19b446.jpg

Proton Satria Neo Super 2000

Engine was based on a 1.8 Renault engine in the Waja

4 wheel drive, 4 cylinder N/A engine producing 278BHP@7000rpm and 271nm of torque. Intense power for an N/A car! Also it revs to 8,500rpm absolutely stunning looking and sounding car!
Some may recognise it from top gear, interesting facts about the Renault engine I thought was pretty cool and thought I would share lol,
Comments welcome!!

Last edited:
  Twingo RS
"The engine is based on the Waja 1.8 engine with racing internals and increasing the capacity to 1998cc, which is positioned transversely and producing a power output of 278bhp at 7600 rpm."

From the Proton website.

Wondered if the proton Waja bits fit the 1*2's? But sadly wikipedia says the standard Waja and Satria have Mitsi engines.

You've seen Wallace and Gromit and the Wrong Trousers. This is Proton and the Wrong Engine.