ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.8 Rsi Engine

Clio Trophy 463
What can you actually do to them?? No where seems to offer anything in the way of tuning for these engines....

Dan

340i
Ive got a RSi aswell matey, you are pretty limited to what you can do to them from what ive found out, you can get a cam kit and pulley for around £250ish, but you will only see about 5ish BHP from that... then you could get some kind of head work, and a re-map would help this along.

Also you could put on a 2.0l 8v meggy bottom end, again that will gain you about 5bhp?

Then the usual like change the air intake, and a nice de-cat exhaust?

I think the reason not much is around is because if you're going to start doing lots of engine work you might as well drop a valver or williams lump in there so you have a higher power base to work on. :)

Clio Trophy 463
that is true, but there is more available for the 1.4 RT than there is for the RSi. And they are pretty quick :). Ive been looking into it for a while and after spending about 700ish should be able to get about 130bhp out of it, but like you say droping a valver lump in mite be easier as I have one with the loom and ecu im selling.

Dan

340i
yeh putting a valver engine in will be alot better base to start off, its an instant 27bhp compared to the RSi...

Clio Trophy 463
The trouble is, I wouldnt be able to insure it. And here we arrive at the only thing that stops us from doing what we want...money. lol.

340i
Mate i am in the same boat as you, i am only 18... but I WANT MORE POOOOOOOWER!!! just cant afford the stupid insurance prices

Valver is one insurance higher than a RSi... most places take the donar car insurance group so shouldnt be that much of a problem.

Personally i would run a low compression turbo from a 1.7 Volvo 440 engine, and then get 50bhp nos put on top of that. Should see you for around 170 - 190 bhp