ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1 Year of 182 ownership

MINI JCW
Well, I have nearly had my 182 (arctic blue, with both cup packs) for a year now so I thought I would post my comments about it.

Good:

5k kick and the performance
The handling and how sturdy it feels on the road
All the little extras
Still think the car looks brilliant, I know a lot of people say they don’t look much different from a 1.2 but I disagree, every time I fill it up with petrol and walk back to the car from the garage I always think it looks so good
I like the seats as I think they look smart and have no problem with the driving position what so ever and I am 6ft

Bad:

It has one annoying little rattle which it has had from day one seems to be coming from the passenger door/glove box area
It is quite noisy on the motorway at 70mph as its is doing just over 3k

All in all though I love it too bits, I have had no problems (touch wood) with it what so ever (except when I got a nail in the tyre) and the best thing about it is that every time I get in it, it puts a smile on my face! I just hope I am as happy this time next year

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Good stuff! only had mine a few months so far and 1550 miles in I tihnk it's great :D

Clio Trophy
Um one word! Warranty???

I had that same rattle on the Trophy i bought 4 weeks ago. Took it back to the dealer as it drove me insane, 2 hours later, all fixed rattle gone!

If you are gonna spend out on a car you want it to at least be right. And it's up to the dealers to put it right for you if it's still under warranty. Someone tried to tell me it was the 'Character' of the car??? Bulls**t. It's a fault that shouldn't be there!

Aside from that, glad you love it, im only 4 weeks down the line of Clio ownership and i hope i still have 'The Grin' this time next year!

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
gazcaddy said:
Bad:

It has one annoying little rattle which it has had from day one seems to be coming from the passenger door/glove box area

i have the exact same rattle coming from the exact same area

wonder if anyone on here knows what it is?

Got mine on the 11th of November last year, and i pretty much think the same of the car as you apart from i have a different rattle, done 10,800 miles now and not had any problems apart from i have to keep putting petrol in it!
Enjoy

clio 182 black /gold
I bought mine in march and i have done 6500 miles and it has been beck several times for various faults and the dam thing still knocks on the steering when i turn it around and feels like the front wheels are pulling to one side apart from that it seems ok.

MINI JCW
polarbert said:
oo by the way how many miles have you done in the year?

I have done 6000 miles, I dont drive to work in it so its just used for pleasure purposes really

MINI JCW
wigstar1 said:
Um one word! Warranty???

I had that same rattle on the Trophy i bought 4 weeks ago. Took it back to the dealer as it drove me insane, 2 hours later, all fixed rattle gone!

If you are gonna spend out on a car you want it to at least be right. And it's up to the dealers to put it right for you if it's still under warranty. Someone tried to tell me it was the 'Character' of the car??? Bulls**t. It's a fault that shouldn't be there!

Aside from that, glad you love it, im only 4 weeks down the line of Clio ownership and i hope i still have 'The Grin' this time next year!

its a good point, i have been meaning to take it in but have never got round to it, i shall give them a ring and sort it out

End of January 2005. I've covered just over 15k miles in it with two warranty items - temperature sensor fault, and a broken cat converter which I've just been told is fixed, so I'm off to collect it in a couple of hourse, after being without since last Wednesday. Wahoo!

Still amazing fun to drive, and something tells me when I pick it up I'm going to wonder why I'm considering upgrading.

Leeshez said:
I bought mine in march and i have done 6500 miles and it has been beck several times for various faults and the dam thing still knocks on the steering when i turn it around and feels like the front wheels are pulling to one side apart from that it seems ok.

Have you had yours laser tracked??
After owning mine for 6 months I had this done as mine seemed to be pulling all over the place turnes out that it was way out can only imagine it was like that from new, you should get it checked...

Rob.

Also had my 182 for 18 months (and 20,000 miles), still not bored (which is a good sign), makes me smile everytime I drive it. Yes it has its niggles, very lumpy when cold, quite noisy, quite a few rattles...but hey none of this matters when you floor the fast pedal and hit 5,000rpm - embarrasing significantly more expensive motors.

It's just a shame it isn't a bit bigger. Seriously looking at a 330d Touring as my next car in spring next year, fast, refined and a bit more space.