ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10 - 60 Millers oil for road use!

Clio 182
Hi - I have a 182 running 5 - 40 Millers nanotech oil and I plan on doing a service.

I have 6L of Millers 10 - 60 on a shelf which I used to run in a Porsche.

I don't do many track days as I don't have time. I do lots of motorway work and rural driving. Not much town work.

I'd like to use the 10-60 as I know it's great stuff and it would be a shame to waste it but it's winter soon as well.

Any ideas or should I play safe and just get the right grade?

Teg
Why risk it?

£30 for new 5W40 elf (or similar) oil or £500 potential repair bill for new engine.

If it was getting abuse on track then I'd say yes but with just motorway I'd say use the manufacturers recommended grade... My opinion anyway pal:up:

Clio 182
Why risk it?

£30 for new 5W40 elf (or similar) oil or £500 potential repair bill for new engine.

If it was getting abuse on track then I'd say yes but with just motorway I'd say use the manufacturers recommended grade... My opinion anyway pal:up:

Thanks. - I will probably do that but I'm genuinely interested in how I could kill an engine?

I thought I might lose some power and have to be more gentle on the car during warm up cycles.

Is there really other risks with this?