ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10.8 second qtr mile FWD - RECORD

MKIII 138
yea thats mint !! sure rwd may have faster ones but again as mentioned thats the beauty of it, you have FWD which is always poo poo`d as the underdog and laughed at when talking about any serious performance car vs 4wd or rwd but to outdrag a rwd £500,000 enzo ferrari or a saleen s7 down a 1/4 mile strip in a rover is nothing short of fukin cool in my books, also that beast rolling with traction doing 80mph on a motorway then flooring it looool

Yaris Hybrid
Fair play to that bloke getting an FWD to do that. The Suzuki Swift boys won't be happy as they want to be the first FWD in the 10's.

Still think this road legal thing is bollox though!

These motors are never in compliance with emissions and noise regs and as guy said the arches are suss.

A Euro'd one...
donnyo said:
DSCF4231.jpg

From a mate at www.Rover-Coupe.com

Donny

F*ck me thats a fast Rover!

The wheels arent pretruding the arches, hes just cut the front of the arch to help reduce drag thats all.

Probably is street legal.

Toypop said:
Fair play to that bloke getting an FWD to do that. The Suzuki Swift boys won't be happy as they want to be the first FWD in the 10's.

Still think this road legal thing is bollox though!

These motors are never in compliance with emissions and noise regs and as guy said the arches are suss.

my mate the copper said he saw it the other week near asda..

so hes definately still using it on the road.

$torm Rider said:
F*ck me thats a fast Rover!

The wheels arent pretruding the arches, hes just cut the front of the arch to help reduce drag thats all.

Probably is street legal.

hes put them ''bubble arches'' on to make it road legal.. you find me a rover that has them on as standard..

last year at TOTB the wheels were sticking out a couple of inches of the standard wing.

Its perfectly legal from the road. The law is that 2/3 of the tread has to be covered looking vertically down onto the tyre.

Matt

$torm Rider said:
^Fair point but theyre still not exceeding the bodywork.

i never said they were.. i was stating the arches arent from the car.. so he hasnt ''simply cut the bodywork away to reduce drag''

last year before he put those bubble arches on, the tyre WAS exceeding the bodywork..

now the bubble arches are on there.. it DOESNT exceed the bodywork.

clear this time?!
and as i said.. it is road legal as hes often seen driving it round!