ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10.8 second qtr mile FWD - RECORD

MERCEDES CLS AMG
My mate managed to get a 10.8 sec qtr in his FWD rover on Sunday at USC pod. His car is a red 220 rover running 750 bhp - this goes into the records as the 1st and only FWD car in Europe to get into the 10's.

Clio 172mk2
where was that older shaped clio from,was posted ages back , which had one fecking huge turbo sticking out of bonnet.

cock mobile.
Blimey, that is damn fast for RWD or AWD, never mind FWD!!!

Crazy stuff, congrats to that man.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
DSCF4231.jpg

From a mate at www.Rover-Coupe.com

Donny

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Fair play! As said before 10 seconds in ANY drive is f**king awesome let alone FWD!

Whats the World Record for a Road Legal FWD? I take it thats road legal hence the tax disc?

Is this Andy Nicholl's or something like that?

Last edited:
  MERCEDES CLS AMG
There was a 1992 FWD 800 bhp civic at Elvington about 6 weeks ago - that span in all gears up to 120mph.....then blew the turbo. If that got traction i think he would take the record

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Andy is a development manager for AET turbos's. He used to race that 500 hp Maestro that held the title for fastest FWD car in the UK for a while - his brother runs that now.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
MATT BLACK said:
Andy is a development manager for AET turbos's. He used to race that 500 hp Maestro that held the title for fastest FWD car in the UK for a while - his brother runs that now.

thats where I recognise his name from that MG MAestro, BEAST! Managed about 170mph+ didnt it?

Arent there FWD civic in the 9's in the us? Cant find nothing on Exvitermini as that only shows 4wd?

Also found this to put things into perspective:

Ferrari Enzo: 11.1secs@133mph
Porsche Carrera GT: 11.3secs@131mph
McLaren F1: 11.6secs@125mph
Saleen S7: 11.8secs@119mph

Its a nice bit of engineering but completely pointless. For the money he's spent, plus with that sorta power you could put a rear wheel drive car easily into the 8s.

Matt

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
i reckon he could get a lot quicker if it was'nt road legal...wheely bar , slicks the size of small children more weight saving etc

Clio 172mk2
i know some one mentioned this been road legal , but i didnt think u was allowed bonnet pins for it to pass a MOT

clowo16v said:
Its a nice bit of engineering but completely pointless. For the money he's spent, plus with that sorta power you could put a rear wheel drive car easily into the 8s.

Matt

If everyone thought like that mate, we would still be rubbing sticks together to make fire.

Fair play to the chap.

I bet its quick off the lights outside maccy D's;)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
biojo said:
i know some one mentioned this been road legal , but i didnt think u was allowed bonnet pins for it to pass a MOT

I maybe mistaken regarding its legality, I've never done a 1/4 in my life, but I have been to most events, and I thought it has entered God of the pod which i thought meant it had to be street legal. I also noticed a tax disc.

However I could be getting confused with TOTB and I'm sure one of the 1/4 mile gurus will set me straight :)

was on friday that matt. the next run he snapped a diveshat on the line.
jordy did run the scirroco yes he managed a 11.6 @132 mph on his last run of the day.

Ryan

think the 10.8 was 137 or 138. didn,t actually see it but andy wouldn't stop talkin bout it.but i cnt blame him tbh.

Nippy white cup
But then it wouldn`t be as impressive tho...you don`t see many Pro Dragsters on the roads these days ;)

Chris

he does drive that on the road.. or he did last year when it had the older MG front end on it, as my mates a copper and he said he pulled him over so he could have a look round the car, and andy tried saying it was just a normal standard rover.. LOL

that was also before he had those arches on - the wheels protruded the arches by a fair bit (so would have been an MOT failure too)