ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10 hours and crashed my racing blue 182

Saner said:
Against the law to pick up an animal that youve hit! lol

but not to stop and pick up a deer that someone else infront has hit..
he could send his dad back to collect it and eat it.

inferno rs 182
aaaw the poor wee deer did it die??????

no kidding on cus if it didnt i'd ave finished off with my trusty billy bat.

the sucks man i honestly know how u feel, at least it wasnt your fault.

go thru the insurance unless u got a spare couple of k.

ur insurance will probs be around between 1300 and 1500 when u got to renew

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
GuyS said:
but not to stop and pick up a deer that someone else infront has hit..
he could send his dad back to collect it and eat it.

very true, although i think a badly brusied deer wouldnt taste too nice.

Dan Page said:
well i got out the car and looked and it was trying to get up but couldn't on just its too front legs as its rears were literally ripped off. i was so angry i was gonna go upto it and kick seven shades of sh*t outta it but when i seen blood coming outta its eyes and mouth but it was still squirming i thought thats just sick. Strange thing was it didn't die! had to wait for the police to come and they shot the f**ker in the head! lmao.....

might go out on a mad un now though and kill as many deers as possible.

hhahah. im just picturing in my head that scene from ''me myself and irene'' where hes shooting that cow in the head

and it just wont die! lol

Beetle
GuyS said:
nice bit of moderating there eh.. deleting all her own posts for no reason..
ooh one of mine has gone too. looks like she realised this is CLIOsport.net not DEERlovers.net

may aswell go through insurance imo, as has been said you'll be 21 next so that should bring it down a fair bit anyway.

Scott-16v! said:
ooh one of mine has gone too. looks like she realised this is CLIOsport.net not DEERlovers.net

may aswell go through insurance imo, as has been said you'll be 21 next so that should bring it down a fair bit anyway.

funny how we cant delete our/other peoples posts for no reason when we feel like it though, just cos no one agrees with us.

one rule for some and another for others.

Beetle
i see you haven't read animal farm, we are all equal, just some of us are more equal than others ;)

Scott-16v! said:
i see you haven't read animal farm, we are all equal, just some of us are more equal than others ;)

that was about the russians though

not the hitlers ;)

we all know what animal farm your into though.. LOL

One with a few more
GuyS said:
nice bit of moderating there eh.. deleting all her own posts for no reason..

I've deleted nothing :) would have been nice to have been told too!

Although it would be nice if you were all a little more subtle about criticising me for it - whether or not I did it!

tiTTy & SV650
deer always made me drive slow on certain stretches where I knew they were likely to be, gutted for you. but good thing it didnt come through the widscreen, they've been known to kick people to death as they panic after being hit!!!

hope it gets sorted ok

K20 EG Hatch
Claire said:
I've deleted nothing :) would have been nice to have been told too!

Although it would be nice if you were all a little more subtle about criticising me for it - whether or not I did it!

u liar!
how can you sit there and lie like that?
i have been using CS for a loooong time now and never argued with anyone on here, ever, full of s**t!

Beetle
Claire said:
it would be nice if your were a little more tactful when replying to somebody who has just crashed their car on the first day of owning it :)

One with a few more
Dan Page said:
u liar!
how can you sit there and lie like that?
i have been using CS for a loooong time now and never argued with anyone on here, ever, full of sh*t!
Excuse me, but I've pm'ed you about this.
I DID NOT delete the posts. dont call me a liar when I'm not one.

A Euro'd one...
That is plain unlucky Dan. I had an accident once in a brand new car only a few hours after picking it up from the dealership. I was gutted as the wheel was buckled so had to be towed away. Some idiot just pulled out and WHAAM!

To be honest the damage doesnt look too bad. Im sure you could source the parts and get it repaired privately. If you do go through insurance then your no claims will be pushed back by two years unless its protected of course.

One with a few more
Scott-16v! said:
it would be nice if your were a little more tactful when replying to somebody who has just crashed their car on the first day of owning it :)

Fair enough :) I could have been nicer. I was referring to everyone saying I deleted it though ;) 'Twasnt me!

but the thing is..

his insurance is say circa 1.8k now.

he fixes the car which will cost over 1.5k easily.

but his insurance next year will be around 1.8 k anyway coem renewal time as opposed to circa 1k if he keeps his no claims

so 800 quid difference insurance and having a car reapired with genuine parts.
or paying out well over a grand and half to repair it himself using second hand bits?

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
Gutted for you dan i know 2 people who've hit deer between the 5 ways island and the volvo island,bodyworx is a top notch bodyshop in cannock its by where mamies was

K20 EG Hatch
im just gonna claim for it! at least that way everything will deffo be done properly (well at least should be).

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
GuyS said:
or paying out well over a grand and half to repair it himself?

grrr.. i wont cost that much!

Theses are all new parts and done by a repaierer:

Renewal of Following Parts / Panels:

Front Bumper
Front Impact Damper Set
Grille Moulding
Renault Emblem
Bonnet
Right Headlamp Assembley
Headlamp Mounting Kit
Right Headlamp Adjuster Motor
R/F Wing
L/F Wheelhouse Cover
R/F Wheelhouse Cover
L/F Wheelhouse Front Cover
R/F Wheelhouse Front Cover
Left Susspension Frame Bearing
L/F Track Arm
L/F Shock Absorber
L/F Wheel Bearing
L/F Alloy
L/F Tyre
L/F Stability Linkage

Repair Work Required on Following Parts / Panels:

Right Headlamp Support Panel
R/F Wheelhouse Panel

Alignment

Parts Required Painting:

Bonnet
Front Bumper
Grille Moulding
R/F Wing
Front Upper Crossmember
Right Headlamp Support
R/F Wheelhouse Panel
Right Door
Skirt

that came to £2250

Doing it yourself with s/h parts will be MUCH cheaper

Saner said:
grrr.. i wont cost that much!

Theses are all new parts and done by a repaierer:

Renewal of Following Parts / Panels:

Front Bumper
Front Impact Damper Set
Grille Moulding
Renault Emblem
Bonnet
Right Headlamp Assembley
Headlamp Mounting Kit
Right Headlamp Adjuster Motor
R/F Wing
L/F Wheelhouse Cover
R/F Wheelhouse Cover
L/F Wheelhouse Front Cover
R/F Wheelhouse Front Cover
Left Susspension Frame Bearing
L/F Track Arm
L/F Shock Absorber
L/F Wheel Bearing
L/F Alloy
L/F Tyre
L/F Stability Linkage

Repair Work Required on Following Parts / Panels:

Right Headlamp Support Panel
R/F Wheelhouse Panel

Alignment

Parts Required Painting:

Bonnet
Front Bumper
Grille Moulding
R/F Wing
Front Upper Crossmember
Right Headlamp Support
R/F Wheelhouse Panel
Right Door
Skirt

that came to £2250

Doing it yourself with s/h parts will be MUCH cheaper

think your missing the point though.

it would be much cheaper still to claim and pay roughly the same premium next year, and have the car fitted with brand new genuine bits.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Dan Page said:
im just gonna claim for it! at least that way everything will deffo be done properly (well at least should be).

Dan,

When i wrote mine off, i got a settlement for 5300£ Bought the vehicle bak for 900£
and repaired it for a shade over 2k.

I actually made a profit out the car when i sold it.

Food for thought.

Least your ok mate. You'll live to fight another day

Ali

Clio V6 255
Bad luck.

How the hell did the rear quarter get so badly dented, did you get the car sideways at the point of impact? I was expecting to see blood and guts on the front corner :dead:

K20 EG Hatch
there is only like deer hair on the car, left it there for evidence lol. i think it hit it with the passenger side and then it like hit its head off the back quarter or antlers off the back quarter.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
GuyS said:
think your missing the point though.

it would be much cheaper still to claim and pay roughly the same premium next year, and have the car fitted with brand new genuine bits.

not sure im missing the point, just decideding to ignore it. Because of my tainted history I solely rely on my no claims to be able to afford insurance. So if i were in Dan's position, i'd fix it myself.

But! as im not Dan, your right, tis probly the safest bet.

I hope you get a speedy fix Dan!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Dan Page said:
there is only like deer hair on the car, left it there for evidence lol. i think it hit it with the passenger side and then it like hit its head off the back quarter or antlers off the back quarter.

The deer acident i was involved in ripped the deer apart, I had entrails hanging off it everywhere and the stench didnt go away for about a month :s

A Euro'd one...
Id personally get a quote from a few garages first. See what how much itll costly privately before deciding which route to take. The thing with insurance is that you can never tell how much it will affect your premium. There is no point speculating that itll cost him roughly £1800 because insurance is a funny old game, it might increase his premium by £10 or £1000. Believe me i know i work in the field.

K20 EG Hatch
cheers mate /\ /\
if it was my dynqmique without a doubt i would have had it and done it myself but because this cost me like effectively 10k yesterday i dont want to risk it.

$torm Rider said:
Id personally get a quote from a few garages first. See what how much itll costly privately before deciding which route to take. The thing with insurance is that you can never tell how much it will affect your premium. There is no point speculating that itll cost him roughly £1800 because insurance is a funny old game, it might increase his premium by £10 or £1000. Believe me i know i work in the field.

well he may aswell just get a quote online with say directline, putting in his info if he did claim.. i.e one claim, and 2 yrs less no claims than he would have.

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Only just seen this and haven't read the whole thread.

Gutted for ye mate, that's such awful bad luck.

Defo go through your insurance though, needs doing properly. Worry about the premium later and start saving. It might not be as bad as you think come renewal time. Plus there's ways and means of bringing your quote down.

Things will turn out alright in the end, they always do.

Good luck with it.

A Euro'd one...
Dan Page said:
cheers mate /\ /\
if it was my dynqmique without a doubt i would have had it and done it myself but because this cost me like effectively 10k yesterday i dont want to risk it.

Probably for the best, at least youll have peace of mind that It'll be repaired properly. You could try and be sneaky by getting a quote from your insurer in a fake name, same post cost and give the date of birth of a 21yr old with declaring the accident. Might give you a rough ball park figure. Only thing is it wont include your renewal discount which is usually 10-15%.

A Euro'd one...
GuyS said:
well he may aswell just get a quote online with say directline, putting in his info if he did claim.. i.e one claim, and 2 yrs less no claims than he would have.

Beat me to it. ;)

$torm Rider said:
Probably for the best, at least youll have peace of mind that It'll be repaired properly. You could try and be sneaky by getting a quote from your insurer in a fake name, same post cost and give the date of birth of a 21yr old with declaring the accident. Might give you a rough ball park figure. Only thing is it wont include your renewal discount which is usually 10-15%.

a renewal discount?? whos that with?

everytime ive got a renewal through, ive got an online quote by the SAME company with the same info and its been over 500 quid CHEAPER!

they rely on rich people who cant be bothered to ring around and just pass it on to their butler to pay it. lol

A Euro'd one...
GuyS said:
a renewal discount?? whos that with?

everytime ive got a renewal through, ive got an online quote by the SAME company with the same info and its been over 500 quid CHEAPER!

they rely on rich people who cant be bothered to ring around and just pass it on to their butler to pay it. lol

Aha this is where i step in a salesman! Right, online is always a rough figure as they usually dont ask full in depth questions which they do over the phone as its all recorded. Ever year some insurers include new schemes, policy etc which may work out cheaper even though its the same car. Sometimes they have to transfer a client to a new scheme if its uncompetitive on the old one.

End of the day never EVER trust a quote online. Always ring up and speak to someone.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
$torm Rider said:
Aha this is where i step in a salesman! Right, online is always a rough figure as they usually dont ask full in depth questions which they do over the phone as its all recorded. Ever year some insurers include new schemes, policy etc which may work out cheaper even though its the same car. Sometimes they have to transfer a client to a new scheme if its uncompetitive on the old one.

End of the day never EVER trust a quote online. Always ring up and speak to someone.

Why so..?

Surely if the online quote is cheaper you can just accepted that, you have been honest about everything they ask online so your insurane will be valid no?

Saner said:
Why so..?

Surely if the online quote is cheaper you can just accepted that, you have been honest about everything they ask online so your insurane will be valid no?
plus you dont have to speak to some clueless idiot the other side of the world who can hardly speak english :clown:

i bought my insurance online from bell, no probs.