ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10" or 12 " subwoofer

Renault Clio 172
Hello :)

Which subwoofer prefer and why ?
Car is Clio ´02. Also i need some room for other stuff in the trunk.
I have planed to put Alpine 12" swl-1242 or Rockford Fosgate P1 12".
Or is it reasonable to put 10 " and little bit better quality ?

It would be nice if you add some woofer install pictures. I would like to get some sub box measures.

Have a nice day :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
I had a removable 11" Focal Pollyglass sub in the boot before my current system

It was very impressive and not too sore on the wallet :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
size makes no odds on price, so what ever you want really.

i had a 12" at 1st then a 15" got a 10" waiting to go in my 172

ive had every size since i starting driving.

Depends what you listen to, 10's are superb at punchy driving bass such as dance and rock.

12's are what i'd recommmend as they 'll cope with R&B, bass lines etc as well as been quite punchy.

15's are ideal for R&B etc, they will drop lower frequencies than the other two but not good at keeping up with dance music etc. Too much cone size and are really lazy.

12's the best all rounder, 10's are great to save space and having read your post i'd stick with either of these.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
there are so many different sized subs going from 6" to 22" but id agree with what ponies said

IMHO it depends on what sort of music you listen to the 12 will be not as punchy as the 10 so if you listen to more dance type music i would go for a 10 or a 12 for rnb rap i had a 12 in my car and i was always changing the bandwidth and frequancy for the different music i listen to

Renault Clio 172
I listen both...rap and dance. If i take 12", how the dance music sounds then compared with 10". Especially i like the deep bass hearing the rnb on rap.
Now i have 8 " active GAS subwoofer. So i think when i add some bigger there with separate amplifier, the change would be dramatical. :)

I have heard that the sub box size are very important, so maybe it easier to put 10". If i put 12" and smaller box, then the sound is quite fake.

Thanks for answers.