ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10000 in the Fiesta ST

Fiesta ST Stage 3
So yesterday my Fiesta St clocked 1000 miles and I thought I would give a quick sum up of the car so far .

36570847461_f829478556_k.jpg
WP_20170820_14_03_47_Pro[1] by Alan Kaveney, on Flickr

I picked the car up new in May 2016 and it was a ST-3 that has all of the stuff on it like keyless entry auto lights ect the only options I had was rear parking sensore and the style pack .

Out of the box it was a great little thing and was a really good fun little car .

In December I went for a stage 2 for the car and this made it even more fun and the chassis could take the extra power just fine .

In April after thinking the car would be even better with 320 BHP I got the stage 4 installed and still think that this is spot on for the car as the chassis and stock brakes can cope with this just fine ( a diff will be next as some times the car does struggle to put the full power down )

So after just over a year and 10000 miles the car is an amazing little thing and I would recommend them to anyone as at the price and performance I think they are a bit of a bargain .

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Where does it stand you up until this point, like including the cost of the car then stage 2 then stage 4?

Car was £ 16175
Stage 2 bits £ 870
Sold stage 2 intercooler and air box + £ 445
Stage 4 + exhaust £ 2650
Total £ 19250
I do have other bits that I have got like brakes tyres ect but under £ 20,000 for a car that is quicker than the new Civic Type R , Golf R ect is not a bad price in my mind

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Car was £ 16175
Stage 2 bits £ 870
Stage 4 + exhaust £ 2650
Total £ 19250
I do have other bits that I have got like brakes tyres ect but under £ 20,000 for a car that is quicker than the new Civic Type R , Golf R ect is not a bad price in my mind

Yeah that's not bad at all.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Bet it's rapid.

I test drove a Fiesta ST last week and wasn't that impressed. Drove well but felt cheap inside, was a little gutted tbh!

Reactions: Ben

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Any pics? Is it standard looking from the outside? Bet it surprises a few people with that power!

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Yes stock looking bar the exhaust and the intercooler but the intercooler you cant see unless you know what your looking for as it is black the same as the grill

36304907885_fc5a41a498_k.jpg
WP_20160522_12_20_08_Pro[1] by Alan Kaveney, on Flickr

36263831196_b5e95104f2_k.jpg
WP_20170509_07_09_19_Pro[1] by Alan Kaveney, on Flickr

35911598310_585b5e329a_k.jpg
WP_20170604_15_46_59_Pro[1] by Alan Kaveney, on Flickr

Any pics? Is it standard looking from the outside? Bet it surprises a few people with that power!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Car was £ 16175
Stage 2 bits £ 870
Stage 4 + exhaust £ 2650
Total £ 19250

Be very interested to see what the quarter mile time & terminal speed are at that spec?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I need a fast Ford, I only realised the other day that Pumaspeed are only 10 mins down the road from me.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
TBH I would not use them just things I have read and herd .

Collins or Mountune for me as they don't make as much power but keep a big safety margin and dive better on the road .

I need a fast Ford, I only realised the other day that Pumaspeed are only 10 mins down the road from me.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
TBH I would not use them just things I have read and herd .

Collins or Mountune for me as they don't make as much power but keep a big safety margin and dive better on the road .

Oh really? I only realised when I drove past, not looked into what they do or anything, just heard the name knocking about.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Love them! Any suspension mods mate? My cousin went for the mountune ones and they've been great.

Also a diff has now become a must next even with 230bhp and Michelins it will transform the car.

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Got an st 2 last year with some extras. Great wee car. Even standard. I only just passed my test when the Clio 182 came out but I imagine they are very similar. Best and cheapest in their class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nice! 10k has gone by fast!

I'm in a mk7 Fiesta courtesy car right now...makes me realise just how much I miss my ST and also how much Ford just got right with the basic mk7...even with a gutless NA 82bhp and 84 lbft it's such a fun thing to pedal!

Fiesta ST Stage 3
How much is a diff @mr bognor out of interest.?

You are looking at £ 1200 for a Mountune one installed and all the bits .

Love them! Any suspension mods mate? My cousin went for the mountune ones and they've been great.

Also a diff has now become a must next even with 230bhp and Michelins it will transform the car.

No my one is a late 2016 so has the ST 200 suspension and TBH it copes with the extra power just fine .
The CSC5 tyres I have put on have made a big difference .

It is preventable tbh mountune do anti theft thing now etx

Yes you can even get a £ 13.00 relocation / dummy OBD2 kit and then a disk lock .

Nice! 10k has gone by fast!

I'm in a mk7 Fiesta courtesy car right now...makes me realise just how much I miss my ST and also how much Ford just got right with the basic mk7...even with a gutless NA 82bhp and 84 lbft it's such a fun thing to pedal!

Yes I know it only seemed like yesterday that I was still running in the engine .
I need to let you have a go to see what you think as to me it would be like a MP-215 but just with more power as the exhaust is like stock and the car does not sound that much different to stock bar some turbo and induction .
Its very much like two cars on one side I can potter to the shops at 1500 RPM with no noise and get 50 MPG then on the other side annoy BMW M4 in a little humble Fiesta :)