ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1000rpm idle startup but drops to 750 when warm?

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
Hi CS
Got a minor problem with my shed. I fitted a short ram induction kit then swapped it back to the airbox for the winter. Since using the induction kit on the car, over time I noticed when i started the car up my idle went to around 950-1000 rpm from being at 750. When switching back to the airbox, the idle remained the same at 950rpm on cold startup, where its been at ever since.

After few minutes of driving the idle does return back to 750 and when ive jumped back in the car when the engines warm its idled fine.

Im no mechanic but my first thoughts were maybe its running too lean, or some sort of sensor is dirty or damaged or maybe a mixture of the two? Any thoughts and solutions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance ;)

p.s clio is a 1999 1.2 8 valve

DCi 100
Mine idles at 1 bar over the 1k first time starting, and 1 bar below when warmed up etc.

Don't worry about it ;)