ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

106 GTI

Well i have had my 106 GTI for a week now
and i must say its not that slower than my clio sport 172
sure i miss the grunt of 172 but the 106 gti is bloody quick for a 1.6
it sounds great on tick over, like a minature scooby

and there is loads of group n performance parts available from
peugeot sport

the handling is f-ing wicked loads better than the clio 172
its like a go kart

and its £350 cheaper to insure than the clio

i do miss the clio but iam making the most of my 106 gti for now

cheers

shorty :)

Elise/VX220/R26

yup had a tussle with one of these yesterday not much in it on the twisties. Ive always likes 106 gtis, nice interior.

yeah i had a encounter with a few when i had my clio 172
i thought they where a easy target, but i was wrong

i had a hard job to try and shake him

fair play to the 106 gti they are pretty quick, i thought nothing of them
before.

if the 106 gti had 172 bhp it would be well fast

D-CUP , yes mate i have found that the 106 gti handle loads better than my old clio 172 and both cars are standard, it feels more stiffer and more of a harder ride.

well i have spoken to a few people on different GTI forums
and they say around 120bhp to 130bhp depending on the year
the early models are supposed to have 120bhp and s- plate on 130bhp

williams and trophy

hehe yeah i had a play with one at donny this year.......had craggy n adi in with me ..was a hard one to pass really, was easy to stay rite on his tail but just didnt seem to have the oppertunity to pass him...but wen the oppertunity arose ............i took it hehe

bye bye gti

i thought that they were all 120 bhp !

still a wicked all rounder and they hold the road like glue, as my mate is always throwing his round bends !

the only thing is that with standard body work they do not look that mean not like the old skool valver + willys etc !

(i thought about buying a gti instead of my valver- as i was tired of waiting for a 16v to turn up)

but its obvious what i ended up with ;)

Quote: Originally posted by SHORTY on 21 September 2003

mike have you got one

No i got a 306 D Turbo......but I think the 106 is superb!!!! just a bit out of my price range at the moment due to further studies

i never thought of buying a clio 16v, i worked for renault as a pannel beater
for years and seen loads of them, but they never tickled my fancy
i am sure they are a nice car, the only one i thought about was a clio williams
but they seem to be all high milage and been raced to hell and back

I was going to buy a black s reg gti at an auction (i was going to save a lot) as i had had enough of waiting for a 16v to turn up, and it worked out at about a grand more than buying a 16v.

The reason i never bought it was that even on an s reg it was in poor condition, and looked like it had been thrashed.

although the gti is a cracker but i still love the 16v styling !

L

liam

im in two minds to buy one or not! being 20 it never helps with the insurance so i would have to stick as a named driver on my parents policy! i could probably afford a £6000 loan plus about £1100 for the insurance! (named)! but im not sure if i should wait till im 21 cause thered be a huge decrease in the insurance but also in the car ive got at the moment! tut :(

what to do???

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Viv172 on 22 September 2003

Looks like a Quicksilver to me...
Its 100% definitely a GTi
So why does it have the black door handles off a QS and not colour coded ones?

Also, it appears to have the front headrests from a QS (or an early GTi) and where are the rear head rests? It doesnt have the black side mouldings, so must be a post 98 model, so would have leather & alcantara...

It belonged to my sis for 18 months. The previous owner said it was a GTi, all the docs said it was a GTi, the pug main dealer said it was a GTi and the bloke who bought it said it was a GTi, oh and it had a GTi engine. So I suppose it was a GTI, but hey youve seen a couple of pics so I guess you must be right ;)

Its was a 98 s reg, imported model. Dont know about the trim as I never looked into it, the previous owner made a lot a changes including smaller GTi badges off another model pug.

It wasnt leather, thats for sure, we looked at a blue Gti and saw the leather seats, we just assumed that it was an option, must have been coz it was an import then. No interior picks coz its long gone.

Was good fun to drive :)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

It wasnt leather, thats for sure, we looked at a blue Gti and saw the leather seats, we just assumed that it was an option, must have been coz it was an import then. No interior picks coz its long gone.

Was good fun to drive
The leather was standard on all cars from May 98 onwards (R Plate) and those with leather did not have the black plastic side protection mouldings, which is why I assumed this was a Quicksilver.

What were the seats like then?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Just like the leather ones in your pic but cloth, they were plain black and I think the dash was all black...
No pattern or anything?!

Sounds like they werent even like the UK spec cloth GTi seats then...

No, as plain as they come!!!!

Unless the previous owner re-covered them, and didnt say coz he didnt want to bring the fact that they were not leather to her attention :confused:

Didnt affect the price when she sold it, so at least she didnt loose out.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Wierd!

Unless he flogged the originals, as they can fetch a LOT of money...

Shorty, i told you youd love the GTi, handle great dont they. Keep that 16 valver above 4000 rpm and it chuffing flys!