ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10k brake pad change

insignia

Ive clocked nearly 10k in my 172 & noticed tonite that my front pads look very low. Surely they cant be nearly worn out?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

How do you just "notice" they are low?!

Have you taken them out and actually checked them???

Doubt they are worn to the point of needing changing...

Clio v6

Does seem odd. I did 19k in my 172 when I had some green stuff pads fitted, the guy said "are you sure you dont want to leave it a while longer, its a shame to waste a good set of pads".

Clio 197

I brought my car in to the dealer a couple weeks ago for the 20,000km service. Got a call telling me the pads were only good for a few thousand more km and did I want them changed. I didnt tell him they were about the 6th set! And that set certainly didnt make the next few thousand km either!

Ed

I had my whole f**king set changed recently at the 24k service, pads and discs all round. The whole service cost, including changing back to the original gear linkage, £868. Gordon Bennett.

well ive just changed my front pads and discs for a set of Tar-OX, and the pads had done 10,000 miles and looked like they had plenty of go in them for at least another 10,000 miles.

insignia

Better take it steady then. Havent took the wheel off so cannot be sure be sure.Just doesnt look like a big gap between the metal that holds the pad

Nissan R35 GT-R

I wore my front pads out in my cup after only 10k miles.

Draw your own conclusions about my driving ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Pillesnoppen on 30 June 2004

I had my whole f**king set changed recently at the 24k service, pads and discs all round. The whole service cost, including changing back to the original gear linkage, £868. Gordon Bennett.

WTF! £868, what did they do?