ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

12 hrs to go

Ad

MK2 FRS
Is always an exciting wait for a new motor. Sure you will enjoy. Treat it gently whilst it new and you get used to it.....

Great colour.

SLK 350
Aye if its wet chap just be careful of any 1st/2nd gear wet roundabout's or torque steer. But then again if its dry...you could press a little harder; having said that you'll need to run it in if its spanking new.

Enjoy the car, cause we all do :)

Shhh
ozzyo99 said:
Aye if its wet chap just be careful of any 1st/2nd gear wet roundabout's or torque steer. But then again if its dry...you could press a little harder; having said that you'll need to run it in if its spanking new.

Enjoy the car, cause we all do :)

Calm down, its only a 182.

Im not slow pulling away and i find it rarely spins, and even in the wet its the same. The ESP works on it, and if you turn it off you shall be lucky to pull away fast. Sometimes the ESP can be a pain as you want to pull away knowing it will grip but the computer says no.

Ensure you give it a good look over, remember you should have 2x tyre foam cans, a baggage net in the book. Services are 12k apart. Was told the Major was 72k but i believed it was 36k.

Check all the panels, and even better if you have the time check the forum for all 182 faults people have had.

Check engine mount being aligned
182 Cruise control switch is a bit dodgy
Check the clearance between the exhaust tail pipes and the bumper, they touch after some hard driving
Check for a clunk when accelerating hard in 1st gear, dont worry about the 5k pull, mine was between 4-6k before the wheels span.
Check the rocker cover for oil leaks
Check all fluid levels, mine had low brake fliuid (got it from Reg Vardy Sunderland) and gave me the ESP, ( (!) ) and STOP Captions on slip roads.
Park car on kerb (lh side up) put RH full lock on and drive car off kerb, mine gave a big clunk, suspension was catching on the car

Im sure you can search, print a nice list off and check. Best now than in a few weeks when they wont do the work. The 182 is a nice car, tho build quality is poor, maybe all the probs i had with a Mar 04 182 have been ironed out. But looking like you know your stuff looks better than someone with none.

You did not say if it was used, but check the usual, service book, AA card (car covered for 3years), radio manual, check all paintwork and get under it too. Check tyres for blebs, tyres are expensive.
Id expect a service to be about £205. Michelin Exalto PE02's 205,45,16 from Kwik fit for £93 fitted.

Check you get a splitter too, as I'm sure they get fitted at the dealers and I've read here that people have had them missing.

SLK 350
AliasOmega said:
Calm down, its only a 182.

Im not slow pulling away and i find it rarely spins, and even in the wet its the same.

It may only be a 182, but if your in the wet and pull off the traffic lights and floor it, i will personally guarantee you will spin like f00k, ESP or not. ESP is ok, and it is a useful driver aid - but its far from fool proof, it the road it wet and the surface is greasy it still won't prevent chronic understeer 100% of the time. It does however do a good job of stopping the back sliding out.

Eitherway anymorwe than 3k on the revs and the wheels will soon be fighting the road for traction when floored.

black golf v6 4 motion
thanks for the tips guys, alot of new peeps on here obviously, i aint been on that much recently so you guys won't know i have had 2 172's and a 182 before and currently a meg 225 so i know what stuff to check for
thanks anyway guys

sean

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
I think he said it's like £100 less a month and petrol cost. He had a 182 before. Enjoy dude :D

182 - conneries de c
Yeah baby!

I remember waiting to pick up my 182! Worst thing was that I had to ask the wife to pick it up as was away!

Don't know whats worse, the wife driving it for the first time or not being there to pick it up!!!

Disclaimer - Nothing against women drivers, you are the fairer of the sexes but the wife had never driven anything faster that the people carrier so slighly worried. Not now though!!

Shhh
My gf drove the car before me.

I find it dont spin as much as it use to. Did like to spin in 1st gear, but now i have to make it,

As to spinning in the wet, i normally can pull away quick with the Exaltos fitted, i feel it has better grip in the wet than the dry.

Anyone ever follow me in the 182, i catch bikes on the B roads round here..even in the wet.

black golf v6 4 motion
got it know and the traction is amazing compared to my 225, and yes saving money is the reason for switching needing to move house and stuff like that, i love it although one problem collected from dealer (benfield vw not reno) and the engine management light was on, booked in thought to get it sorted other than that no probs at all :D